Possible Investment property. San Leandro Bay Area

Possible Investment property. San Leandro Bay Area

Kuna, ID · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 29 votes

Hey BP!

So there is this house that I worked by that is your classic distressed/Jumanji house. I would take my walks by it everyday and always thought it would be a great place to flip/BURRRR, but didn't have a clue how to. Now that I am on Bigger Pockets, I decided to drive by the place tonight and saw that it was even more run down.

Through the research I've done I can see that it was last bought in 1996 and was built in the early 1900's. Ive spoken to the neighbors and they believe its owned by two sisters who inherited the house. From my now 5 years of walking past it I can speak on the fact that it hasn't been worked on. It is in San Leandro close to BART. The home is in a booming location close to a elementary school and public parks, as well as a business park. Also it is located closely to the freeway.

I'm really looking for an investor who wants to take it easy. Possibly to partner up. Someone who I can bust my *** on my end,while learning their end. Id like to be as much involved as possible. Thank you for looking!

-Vince

0Reply
27 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 670 posts · 352 votes
    9y
    Vincent Townsend see if you can do some legwork and track down the owners and see if their willing to sell. I have a contact in that area that would probably buy and renovate if you were looking to wholesale.
  • Kuna, ID · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 29 votes
    9y

    Hey

    @Jeff Wallenius, thank you for getting back to me. Ill get right on that and see what I can turn up!

  • Investor · Bay Area, CA · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 15 votes
    9y

    Hi Vincent, My last flip was in San Leandro. Great area! 

    Let's chat! I have the $ and would be happy to JV and mentor you through it. I live in Pleasant Hill, so we're pretty much neighbors.

    Talk soon:)

  • Real Estate Agent · San Leandro, CA · Member since 2016 · 46 posts · 71 votes
    9y

    I live in San Leandro, pretty close to BART and I've been in contact with a few out of area owners about properties on W Juana, Carpenter and Clarke. I'm very surprised about the amount of prime Real Estate right here near BART that is neglected! If you want some help with comps or want to look at disclosures of similar properties in the area I'd be happy to help with that! If you wanna flip later this year watching homes that are for sale now and looking at their disclosures will help you to learn what is selling and what isn't in our market, allowing you to better tailor your flip! 

    Not looking to put my hands on your deal(s) but if you are interested in picking my brain I'm down to chat with you and share my knowledge about the local stuff and things that may help you on the back end of your flip!

    I have an owner on Clarke that will be selling around April, I'm hoping to leverage that deal into a few more of the fixers in the area myself!! Looking forward to seeing you our there flipping in the market soon! =)

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · San Mateo, CA · Member since 2013 · 585 posts · 264 votes
    9y

    @Vincent Townsend the biggest thing you need to do is get in contact with the owners and see if they are willing to sell. Tons of us are glad to figure out a fair agreement with you if you can get something - the hardest part is just getting it :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.