Nassau, Bahamas Real Estate Sales

Nassau, Bahamas Real Estate Sales

Investor · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Does anyone have information on buying/selling real estate in Nassau, Bahamas?  I'm looking for information on determining comps within certain areas and real estate value of a home I am interested in selling.  All aspects of legalities and processes would be greatly appreciated. 

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Ft. Lauderdale · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 1 vote
3y

@Engelo Rumora by chance do you have any recommendations for a Bahamas Real Estate Attorney? Thanks!!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Nassau, New Providence · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    hi mike,

    I'm an investor in The Bahamas. What type of real estate do you need?

    I can give you advice.

  • Investor · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Hello Andre,

    I would like to know how to determine comp's for an area, i.e. Fox Hill?  I have looked online for similar sites such as Zillow to see if I can get a ballpark for what similar homes in the area are going for, but I couldn't find anything like that for Nassau.

    I am looking to sell my house there, but need to know is it best to go with an appraiser to get a good determination of what price I should be looking for or can I simply go from comp's of the area?  And if an appraiser is your answer, do you happen to know what the average cost of getting an appraisal would be?

    Thanks,

  • Engelo RumoraBusiness Member
    Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Mike Bowe-Rahming:

    Does anyone have information on buying/selling real estate in Nassau, Bahamas?  I'm looking for information on determining comps within certain areas and real estate value of a home I am interested in selling.  All aspects of legalities and processes would be greatly appreciated. 

    Hi Mike,

    I own real estate on Long Island and Freeport.

    It's pretty hard pulling comps and it works differently in the Bahamas IMO.

    A good attorney will help you with legals and market research will allow you to understand value in a good deal once it presents itself.

    Thanks

  • Ft. Lauderdale · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    @Engelo Rumora by chance do you have any recommendations for a Bahamas Real Estate Attorney? Thanks!!

  • Engelo RumoraBusiness Member
    Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Patrick Harker:

    @Engelo Rumora by chance do you have any recommendations for a Bahamas Real Estate Attorney? Thanks!!


    Hey mate,

    You can use these guys.

    Closed a few transactions with them.

    Keep in mind that it's all on "Bahamas time" so it takes 6+ months to close a deal.

    Much success

    DORSETTE LAW CHAMBERS
    Counsel and Attorneys-at-LawSuite 4, Bettar Executive Business CentreP.O. Box F-42616Freeport, Grand BahamaThe Bahamas
    Tel: 242-374-6625/6 U.S: 786-522-1908 Fax: 242-374-6627

    www.dorsettelawchambers.com
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.