• Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Duplex Under Contract - Flipping, Karma, & A New "Toy"

Austin Fruechting
  • Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Posted Apr 18 2017, 08:36

I have a duplex under contract to close April 28th, and I'll be flipping it for a new toy. 

The toy is an expensive one, and WAY more than I could justify spending. So I thought "What if I flip a property to pay for it?!" That way at the end of it all I have the same cash in the bank AND my expensive my toy. I'm just trading some time running a project in exchange for my toy. I've only flipped a property twice, but I have BRRR'd 4 homes, one duplex, one 4 plex, and a 6 plex... so I'm no stranger to projects.

I notified some realtors I know in different areas that I was looking for a flip. The market is fairly hot. Nothing was available and rare for any good values to hit the market right now. They'd been looking for a few weeks with not even a single possibility. 

KARMA: Well, after my Financially Free at 32 post , I received about 50 private messages/emails with congrats and questions.  I took the time to respond to all questions in the post as well as all messages/emails.  A younger KC guy trying to get started wanted to meet up.  I invited him to my house, shared a cigar and some fine bourbons with him while talking real estate and trying to provide some guidance.  Towards the end of our time there I get a text message from someone I hadn't even talked to about looking for a flip.  It was this duplex opportunity.  I thought it was cool that I had been looking and not finding anything.  Then after all the time trying to help people by answering their questions, and while I was meeting with a beginning investor, the opportunity came to me. 

Loading replies...