Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
Hey how's it going BP community, hope everyone is doing well..i'm new to REI in the Winston-salem NC area just here looking to connect with some great people involved with wholesaling or flipping properties..To be totally honest I would just like some direction on how to get around people who are doing what i want to be doing. Please feel free to contact me if anyone out there is free to do coffee or lunch and allow me to pick your brain so to speak...I'm very excited about getting involved with real estate and building great relationships through the bigger pockets community!
Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y
Hey Brandon,
Check out meetup.com and the BP marketplace for local meet ups. Also, set up keyword alerts for "Winston Salem" and/or surrounding areas to be notified when someone on BP is mentioning your areas of interest. Then, read the post to identify some of the active investors (or even other newbies) and reach out to them personally. I've met some great ppl this way and have had frequent contact with some local wholesalers, agents and RE entrepreneurs.
Real Estate Developer, Investor, and Broker · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2017 · 99 posts · 82 votes
9y
Welcome to BP, Brandon Fair
Lots of good resources and people on here.
I'd recommend finding out where and when your local REIA meets and start showing up and introducing yourself.
Hit us up on here if you have any questions along the way.
Best of luck.
Cheers,
Hey how's it going BP community, hope everyone is doing well..i'm new to REI in the Winston-salem NC area just here looking to connect with some great people involved with wholesaling or flipping properties..To be totally honest I would just like some direction on how to get around people who are doing what i want to be doing. Please feel free to contact me if anyone out there is free to do coffee or lunch and allow me to pick your brain so to speak...I'm very excited about getting involved with real estate and building great relationships through the bigger pockets community!
Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y
Hey Brandon,
Check out meetup.com and the BP marketplace for local meet ups. Also, set up keyword alerts for "Winston Salem" and/or surrounding areas to be notified when someone on BP is mentioning your areas of interest. Then, read the post to identify some of the active investors (or even other newbies) and reach out to them personally. I've met some great ppl this way and have had frequent contact with some local wholesalers, agents and RE entrepreneurs.
Clemmons, NC · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 1 vote
9y
@Abel Curiel I just started navigating the site today, and I'm a bit overwhelmed. How do you set keyword alerts. That sounds very handy. Thank you for the advice.
Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y
You're welcome. Top right corner, to the left of your name and picture there is a bell. Hover over it and click on manage alerts, then set your preferences.