Votes
Brandon Shewbridge
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
HML Gone Bad - Need FC Atty Recommendation in Norfolk, VA Area

Brandon Shewbridge
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Posted May 22 2017, 05:41

There is a potential that I may need to foreclose on a property that I provided a HML on. This was a deal where the contractor purchased the property and I provided the capital for rehab.  I've know the contractor for for a number of years and he has done work for me in the past.  All due diligence looked good on this opportunity.  The property was gutted down to a shell and was supposed to be a pop top, but progress stopped after the demo work and I cannot get a call or text back from the contractor. 

I'd like to get some communication from him to see if it is just an issue with needing more time or if there is something else going on so I can decide how best to proceed.  I would even consider deed in lieu + some cash to get even so I can avoid the foreclosure costs.  The note was due Friday and signs aren't looking good based on property status and lack of communication.  I have a few questions for those in the know:

1) Can someone recommend a good foreclosure attorney in the Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport news Portsmouth, Virginia area?  I would like to at least have an initial consult to get a feel for costs and process.

2) The deal was with the investor's LLC. If the property value is less than the note value, can I go after the investor directly, or am I limited to the LLC assets only? This is likely a single member LLC so is it possible to "pierce the veil" here?

Thanks in advance.

Loading replies...