Herbert Wu
  • Deerfield, IL
Votes |
How to deal with no showings?

Herbert Wu
  • Deerfield, IL
Posted Sep 10 2017, 18:42

Hi, 

Recently I bought a new home, but have difficulty to sell the existing single family home  - three months on the market without a single showing. What I did so far:

-  Priced at 700k+ level, but reasonably with similar homes(bed/bath/garage/lot/age) sold/pending in <1.0 mile radius last three months

-  Redfin  view traffic/favorites, Zillow view traffic levels are at or more than that of above sold homes

-  Price reduced once and still no showing(below or in the middle of redfin/zillow robot estimates)

-  Professionally staged and landscaped

-  Listing agent is a friend, but at beginner level from a very small local broker.

Without showing, I can not get any feedback on what might be wrong.  Based on my own weekly local market checkup, i think my listing price(agreed by my agent) is close to actually comparable home sold price. So what should I do here to at least get some showings?

1. Switch to a more high profile agent first to see if it helps? My agent is minority and may be tough to  sell home in a 95% white suburban neighborhood?

2. Further reduce price(assume that my agent's pricing approach is wrong)?

3. Some other marketing efforts before reducing price?

4. Is there some service to help identify what's the cause of no showings with more detailed analysis?

Thanks!

Herbert

Loading replies...