How to withdraw an offer for purchase after firing your agent

How to withdraw an offer for purchase after firing your agent

Tony KarnsPro Member
Investor · Dallas TX · Member since 2017 · 135 posts · 9 votes

I had to terminate my realtor today. The relationship was not working.  A week and a half ago we made and offer on a property, after that silence until I reached out to her on Sunday and was told that she can not talk because she is at a Birthday Party. Yesterday I asked her to terminate the offer, six hours later I follow up with a call to find out if anything has been done. no response.  The next morning I send her a message saying that I want to terminate.  Four hours pass, she then calls me to tell me how unfair this is  and tell me that she will not withdraw the offer since we did have a written contract between us, and that I should lose her number. What is my recourse? How do I withdraw my offer without a realtor? Can I call her broker? The property and deal is in TX.

0Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Garden City, NY · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y
Tony Karns Under the assumption she works under a broker, and not on her own, call her office tomorrow to demand to speak to a managing broker and that you want an immediate solution.
See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Garden City, NY · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Tony Karns Under the assumption she works under a broker, and not on her own, call her office tomorrow to demand to speak to a managing broker and that you want an immediate solution.
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    9y
    Agree with Christopher. I would also contact the listing agent. BTW, your offer didn’t have an expiration? If so, and it was the typical 48-72 hours, it’s already void. Unheard of for a realtor contract not to have an expiration, unless you intentionally left it open “forever”, which would be silly.
  • Tony KarnsPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Dallas TX · Member since 2017 · 135 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    So as stated we did not sign any agreement.

    @ Wayne Brooks, how can the listing agent help me.?

  • Investor · Ridgecrest, CA · Member since 2017 · 247 posts · 120 votes
    9y
    if you didn't sign an offer than no legal offer was made. I wonder if your realtor even had a license.
  • Real Estate Agent · Thornton, CO · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    I would love to help, but I am in Colorado.... dang! Best of luck to you!

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    9y
    Did your offer have an “If this offer is not accepted by _________.....” expiration, or not? If you don’t get immediate help with your agent’s broker simply email the listing agent.....”offer dated______ from me is hereby withdrawn. Agent who submitted offer is not available.” I’ve never seen it have to be done that way, but I’m sure it’ll hold up.
  • Tony KarnsPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Dallas TX · Member since 2017 · 135 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    Was finally able to withdraw offer and resubmit with another agent. Second offer was accepted

  • Real Estate Agent · Princeton, NJ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    Tony Karns - are you sure a commission wouldn't technically be owed to the first agent for showing you the property and bring a procuring cause of the offer? This could get messy. Good luck. Hope it doesn't.
  • Tom GimerBusiness Member
    DMV · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Tony Karns:

    Was finally able to withdraw offer and resubmit with another agent. Second offer was accepted

     Keep us posted on the forthcoming commission dispute.

    Gimer Law516 Reviews
  • Tony KarnsPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Dallas TX · Member since 2017 · 135 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    No, no commission is owed. I searched for the property. I sent her all the property information. All she did was submit the offer. There was no showing of the property to me. She has no grounds.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.