Has anyone used Landwatch.com to sell vacant land?

Has anyone used Landwatch.com to sell vacant land?

Investor · LA, TX · Member since 2014 · 93 posts · 46 votes

Hi, I'm an investor/flipper/wholesaler and I've recently put a large tract of land under contract near a college town that I'd like to sell.  This is my first vacant property so I'm looking for ways to get in front of the right buyers.  The property is commercially zoned so I'm looking for developers interested in building businesses or apts near college towns.  Has anyone used Landwatch.com, Loopnet or any of those type of sites to sell property?  And if so, what was your experience?

0Reply
217 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor and Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    I went through a land phase not too long ago.  Landwatch was THE place to look and list.  It seems that many of the listers also had websites where they listed all of their parcels in one place, but then had individual listings on Landwatch.

    I don't know that there is another website that would be better. It seems to be the MLS of land. BTW, the MLS actually DOES have a land category, but I think you would have better success on Landwatch.

  • Investor · LA, TX · Member since 2014 · 93 posts · 46 votes
    8y

    @Cara Lonsdale Thanks, Cara!  I went on and put a listing on there a couple of days ago.  No bites yet but got my fingers crossed!

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 79 posts · 39 votes
    8y
    Hi BP... Lena, what city is the land you have for sale located? Thanks, Lee
  • Investor · LA, TX · Member since 2014 · 93 posts · 46 votes
    8y

    @Lee Lockhart It's in Ruston, LA.  I'll DM you.

  • Investor · LA, TX · Member since 2014 · 93 posts · 46 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed Thanks!

  • Investor · Los Angeles · Member since 2019 · 22 posts · 10 votes
    2y

    @Cara Lonsdale thanks for the insight. I have some land out in the Palmdale area I am looking to sell and am considering land watch. Do you have any expereince in whether the premium package is worh it? I know they do more advertising but sometimes the results are roughly ther same with standard on some platforms. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.