Insurance for Out of state investors

6 Replies

Does anyone have insurance broker recommendations for single family in Milwaukee for out of state investors? I have a few properties there and seen insurance premiums jump significantly because I am not local so keen to explore alternative options. Thanks !

I use NREIG (now REIGuard).

@Ratesh D. & @Dawn A. RE Guard is an option, but not a broker.  It is an insurance program, so you only get that one option.

By contrast, I'm a broker who has RE Guard as an option, but also 10 other companies. 

The most competitive insurance options in Milwaukee depends on the location (low crime/high crime) the value of the property and how you want it covered (ACV or Replacement Cost).

If you have 4+ properties, Jason Bott, has received rave reviews and recommendations in the Brew City REI facebook page.

I use Bob Dummer from PC Insurance and he is great to work with and is also used by many local investors. 

Agree, call @Jason Bott , he's your one stop shop for insurance in Milwaukee.

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated. 

@Jason Bott Will call you. 

Jason Bott bailed me out on a problem property when my other agent didn't know his product. He's very competitive and worth contacting. Rates are higher then they were a few years ago.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here