@Russell Brazil care to speculate where in the DMV? i'm also hoping/wanting it to land in DC area...there's ample enough software talent and good transportation, etc. Care to speculate WHERE in DMV though? they could really ignite certain parts of the region depending on what they choose...I feel like VA near their data centers would be a easy choice - cheap and w/ incentives. MoCo is too expensive already and crowded, i hope they wouldn't add to that... I think NE dc or like PG county would be SUPER interesting..and have a huge economic effect on real estate but also the communities, businesses, and transit...
The leading 2 sites are the Arlington site and the Rockville/North Bethesda site.
Attorney · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 108 posts · 113 votes
8y
I'm putting in for my hometown Miami. Huge airport/seaport. Gateway to Latin America. No state income tax, no shoveling snow. Bezos graduated from high school here. And never underestimate the sleazy politicians from Miami sweetening the pot.
Flipper/Rehabber · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 732 votes
7y
Amazon is reportedly in advanced talks to open their second HQ in Crystal City,VA in the DC area.
Not surprising I guess , especially with Bezos owning Washington Post and would be beneficially for them do be near D.C as far as lobbying etc .
--
Amazon.com has held "advanced discussions" about the possibility of placing its second headquarters in Crystal City, Virginia, the Washington Post reported citing people familiar.
Central New Jersey · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 1 vote
7y
Isn't NJ in the race anymore. I was assuming Newark / NJ had a pretty good shot given its location and talent (NYC) advantage compared to other locations.