Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Sophie Sawyer
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
My experience with Sunrise Capital (Mobile Home Fund)

Sophie Sawyer
  • Coppell, TX
Posted Jul 7 2018, 16:10

I am an accredited investor looking to deploy capital. Recently we had a not-so-pleasant experience with Sunrise Capital. I am sharing my experience as I believe that TIME is the ultimate currency in life. I am simply hoping to prevent folks on BP from having their time wasted.

Three weeks ago, I heard a podcast about Kevin Bupp's Mobile Home Park Fund, by Sunrise Capital Partners. I went to the company website and signed up as a potential investor.

Got an automated welcome email from Sunrise partner, Brian Spear, which asked me to read the fund's PPM and schedule a phone call with him. The PPM was long but very well written. Great job there! 

I spent hours and hours reading through the PPM, doing due diligence, and typed up questions for the scheduled investor call with Brian Spear. Later I got an email confirmation of my upcoming meeting with Brian. I shuffled some of my other meetings around in order to accommodate this call with Brian. However, when the time came, I never received that phone call from Brian, all day, all week!

I thought maybe the fund is full, or maybe Brian simply forgot about it. So I emailed Brian to check. No response. 

I later called Brian's office number. No response. 

Then I texted his cell phone, using the phone numbers displayed in the email Brian sent me. No response. 

At this point, due to all the mixed messages I have received from Sunrise, I started to wonder if they are still in business. I pulled out the latest podcast from Kevin Bupp. They are still advertising for Sunrise Capital in the podcast, and broadcasted a new phone number in that show. I called the new number, spoke to their answering service lady. She informed me that they are still in business and recommended me to schedule another call with Brian Spear. She schedule a call for the next day. Later I got an email confirmation about the upcoming meeting. Again, I moved some of my personal meetings to accommodate the second call with Brian Spear.  Re-read the PPM to refresh my memories. 

Again, he never called, all day, all week!

At this point, I am so fed-up with the lack of professionalism from Sunrise Capital, and fed-up with all the time Sunrise has wasted me. If this is how they are treating a potential investor/customer who will bring them money, I wonder how they are going to treat existing investors who already have their capital tied up with Sunrise.

Hope I am the last one!  

Sunrise Capital, please fix your system!

Loading replies...