Best Value Add Improvements To Max Appraisals for BRRRR

Best Value Add Improvements To Max Appraisals for BRRRR

Corey ReymentPro Member
Wholesaler · Green Bay, WI · Member since 2016 · 136 posts · 41 votes

I am going to look at a duplex this week. The seller told me that he has remodeled the upper unit and the lower unit was remodeled a few years ago. The roof is older and needs repair in the next 2-4 years. I am looking to BRRRR this but want to make sure that I can get the highest possible appraisal on my refi. What are the best things to do to add value to that refi appraisal? Is replacing the roof going to add value to the appraisal? Are there other items that give minimal impact to an appraisal but could be higher dollar repairs?

0Reply
16 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    8y

    I wrote this article a while back that I think you'll find helpful: https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/13-ways-increase-rent-add-rental-property/

  • Peoria, AZ · Member since 2018 · 55 posts · 24 votes
    8y

    I don't have an answer but if the roof needs repair that soon then just get it over with. I imagine it will help. No matter what you'll need it so don't chance it and wait. 

  • Corey ReymentPro Member
    OP
    Wholesaler · Green Bay, WI · Member since 2016 · 136 posts · 41 votes
    8y

    @Andrew Syrios that has some great items in there. I actually shot that over to my property manager to read. We like the example of the 3 options for rent increases! That item could really help values if we are raising rents after buying!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.