What is the fastest you have recieved a title commitment

What is the fastest you have recieved a title commitment

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes

I just opened escrow at 11:45 am on a Vegas property I am selling.  I got my title commitment today at 3:36 pm today.. Just under 4 hours for a pre lim  /  or title commitment to you east coast folks. that i believe is a record for me. I have opened escrow at 8 or 9 in the morning and gotten a pre by end of business but never this quick. We close on friday.. but if we had to we could have close today.. 

Now that is great service.. this is WFG title  here in Vegas.. 

whats your record. ???

5Reply
173 views

Most Popular Reply

Jerry W.Pro Member
Moderator
Investor · Thermopolis, WY · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
7y

My fastest was next day.  It happened to be a property they had done a committment for only a few years before, so I am sure they spent less than 10 minutes on the chain of title.  I closed in 2 days.  Gal wanted to leave town to move closer to her daughter in prison.  My local title company is great.

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Member since 2017 · 83 posts · 46 votes
    7y

    @William C. it was an amazing deal and we weren’t in any hurry to begin with, but the previous owner got the house emptied out 2 months earlier than planned and we were able to rehab in October instead of December, which is a big deal here - weather. I just did it because I could though, I guess.

  • Rental Property Investor · TN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    I do not know how long it took for the title commitment but the fastest closing I had was 8 days, and we closed the day after Thanksgiving.  

    It was in Yuma Az and I got a loan from Wells Fargo for that house.  They had to review the paperwork for the sell of my old house to approve the loan.  It was a government buy-out due to a transfer, but they did not actually buy the house yet as the appraisers did not agree on the value so a third appraiser was called it give the final appraisal on the house I was moving from.  They still approved my loan for the new house though, even though the appraisal to sell the old one was not complete.  I was pretty surprised!

    I had loaded all our stuff in the contract movers van and loaded the 2 kids, 3 cats into our vehicle and towed the camping pop up trailer hoping we would have a house to move into when we got to AZ from PA.  We had to stop at a notary along the way to sign the paperwork.  Only problem was finding the relator who had the house keys, but was out Black Friday shopping!  We stayed in a hotel Thanksgiving night, moved in the next day after the deed was recorded.

  • Ian WalshBusiness Member
    Lender · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    1 day.  4hrs - That's solid.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Ian Walsh:

    1 day.  4hrs - That's solid.

     ya that is why I posted about it to see what others have done. I did not ask for same day.. I opened escrow on Tuesday and was expecting to close on Friday which is totally doable in our area.. but same day title commitment without me asking was pretty shocking :)

    Keep in mind utls in these areas are not like what you deal with in Philly area .  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.