Looking to Invest in Northwest Indiana

Looking to Invest in Northwest Indiana

Zephyr Cove, NV · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 4 votes

Hi BP,

My name is Dylan Bair and I'm a buy and hold investor from Lake Tahoe, Nevada. I'm looking to target the Northwest Indiana area for buy and hold properties. My first few properties would ideally need light cosmetic rehab as I'm not looking to take on large rehab projects while I'm still building my team. 

I'm interested in SFR's and Small Multifamily 2-4 units in NWI. Primarily Lower crime areas with decent demand for rentals, ideally C+ and above neighborhoods. I'll be financing the first few properties with Conventional mortgages. I'm not interested in appreciation and I care solely about Cash Flow.

I'm currently doing a lot of research about the area but would like to meet with people who have boots on the ground. Just looking to learn as much as possible about the local area and what areas to avoid. 

I'm interested in meeting/referrals for Investor Friendly Realtors, Property Managers, Wholesalers, Contractors, and Lenders.

Thanks so much!

2Reply
91 views

Most Popular Reply

Property Manager · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 26 votes
7y

@Nick Giulioni appreciate the shout out

@Dylan Bair would love to see if there is anyway could help from our end. Shoot me a PM if/when you would want to talk and can discuss further.

See this reply in the discussion

17 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nick GiulioniPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Carmel, IN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 615 votes
    7y

    Hey - you might want to talk to @David Moudy. Best agent in the biz

  • Specialist · Gary, IN · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Dylan Bair Welcome to the NWI market! Tons of value here and I think you will be glad you decided on this area. I work with a local RE investment company out of Gary IN and would be interested in connecting. I can point you in the direction of a few people you probably want to be connected to in the area. If you’re not already I would suggest joining some FB groups specific to the NWI RE market as you will find many investors and realtors to connect with.

  • Property Manager · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    @Nick Giulioni appreciate the shout out

    @Dylan Bair would love to see if there is anyway could help from our end. Shoot me a PM if/when you would want to talk and can discuss further.

  • Ray J.Pro Member
    Gary, IN · Member since 2017 · 83 posts · 62 votes
    7y

    @Dylan Bair Welcome. NWI is a great place for rental property cash flow.  Let me know if you have any questions about the markets around here.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Highland, IN · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Dylan Bair Welcome to the NWI market. I think you’ll find it’s a pretty good market with low taxes, high rents and landlord friendly. I’d love to connect with you. We’re wholesaling, rehabbing, renting in NWI and wrk with several out of state investors already

  • Real Estate Investor · Philadephia, PA · Member since 2016 · 214 posts · 36 votes
    6y

    @Justin Smits would like to have chance discussing with you for NWI market, thanks

  • Rental Property Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    I'm also in the same boat as Dylan and looking to invest in the NW Indiana area. Please PM if you know any good connections in the area!

  • Property Manager · Griffith, IN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 913 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Stephen Burden:

    I'm also in the same boat as Dylan and looking to invest in the NW Indiana area. Please PM if you know any good connections in the area!

     Lets connect- NW Indiana has been a very profitable rental market for me and I'd be happy to guide you in the right direction regarding the different areas. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Adrien C. send request and pm me

  • Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Hello. I'm also interested in learning more about possible investments in the central Indiana area. 

  • Investor · Member since 2020 · 324 posts · 278 votes
    5y

    Are you still looking for properties in NW Indiana?  I have a few turnkey cash flowing properties available.  Shoot me a message. @Dylan Bair @Julius Davis & @Stephen Burden


  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 756 votes
    5y

    @Andrea Weule Turnkeys can be great! I’ll be sure to reach out if I know anyone interested in that. 

  • MIlton MonzonPro Member
    Investor · Utah/California/Connectictut · Member since 2021 · 40 posts · 25 votes
    5y

    BP Family,

    I am happy to be a part of this community. I am looking into long distance investment properties in NWI and my goal is to initiate my first BRRRR property. I have Cash ready to invest either for down payment or full purchase and i am shopping around at the moment. I would like to hear about your experiences and connect with experienced investors in NWI. At the moment i am looking at Peru. If any of you have insight i would greatly appreciate it!

    R,

    Milton

  • Realtor · NWI (Northwest Indiana) · Member since 2018 · 63 posts · 36 votes
    5y

    @MIlton Monzon

    Hey Milton, I'm located in the Lake County area of NWI and would be happy to help with anything I can.

    Any particular reason you are targeting Peru for forced appreciation?

  • Realtor · NWI (Northwest Indiana) · Member since 2018 · 63 posts · 36 votes
    5y

    @Dylan Bair

    Old post coming back to life. Who did you reach out to for help? Any take aways for the people following this forum? Were you successful in achieving your goals of investing in northwest Indiana? 2019 was a good year to invest here

  • MIlton MonzonPro Member
    Investor · Utah/California/Connectictut · Member since 2021 · 40 posts · 25 votes
    5y

    @Tim Polk thank you for your response. I've been shopping and searching around the NWI market for potential good deals meeting all the wickits for a good BRRRR/passive income properties and I happened to find a really good one this week. The low market cost was also very intriguing to me for my first out of state investment. How have you seen rehabs be and the return on the investment especially on areas like Peru?

  • Realtor · NWI (Northwest Indiana) · Member since 2018 · 63 posts · 36 votes
    5y

    @MIlton Monzon

    The returns in Northwest Indiana can be fantastic for both ARV and cash flow. The rental demand especially in Lake County is incredibly high with a lot of people migrating from Illinois. As far as Peru I haven't gone that far so I couldn't offer you anything hyper local there. Was just curious on your interest there's as that's not a town brought up often when discussing NWI.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.