Property managers in Des Moines, IA

Property managers in Des Moines, IA

Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 6 votes

Hi friends!

I'm a newbie getting into real estate investing in Des Moines, IA. Does anyone have any recommendations on great property managers in the area?

Thanks!

0Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Indianola, IA · Member since 2019 · 43 posts · 44 votes
6y

We use Weichert Realtors - The 515 Agency and have had a good experience thus far. Their fee is 8% gross rent and 50% first months rent for placing tenants. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    I missed the iowa keyword so just adding that here

  • Real Estate Agent · Indianola, IA · Member since 2019 · 43 posts · 44 votes
    6y

    We use Weichert Realtors - The 515 Agency and have had a good experience thus far. Their fee is 8% gross rent and 50% first months rent for placing tenants. 

  • Rental Property Investor · West Des Moines, IA · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 30 votes
    6y

    I don't have experience with any third party property managers in the Des Moines metro, but have heard Top Shelf Management is good. I currently use TenantCloud property management software to self manage our handful of units, but would like to outsource to a property manager at some point after we've acquired more units.  I look forward to seeing others responses. Thanks for asking the question!

  • Rental Property Investor · Ankeny, IA · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    @Joe McGovern . I self manage, but on previous posts on BP I have read good things about Top Shelf as well. As a property owner, and dealing with some other property management in the area, I have some opinions on who NOT to use. If you'd like to send me a private message, I will share said thoughts. But I don't want to air these antidotes on an open forum since I have not used the companies to manage my properties (so, perhaps my experiences were these companies just having a bad day or two, and not necessarily a poorly run company as a whole). 

  • Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Anthony Wick I would appreciate that! Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Carroll, IA · Member since 2017 · 63 posts · 53 votes
    6y

    Weichert Realtors - The 515 Agency is a good one to use. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.