Got a closing on Friday hoping we don't get locked down

Got a closing on Friday hoping we don't get locked down

Stephen KeigheryBusiness Member
Rental Property Investor 路 New Orleans, LA 路 Member since 2018 路 716 posts 路 555 votes

I have a closing on Friday and hoping we don't get ordered to shelter in place. I am in New Orleans and I have a feeling we are going to get this order tomorrow. We already have 200 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 7 deaths and they just started increasing tests in the last few days. If they do make us shelter in place could you still attend a closing?

Home Buyer Louisiana4.855 Reviews
0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Daniel PurcellPro Member
Rental Property Investor 路 New Orleans, LA 路 Member since 2018 路 66 posts 路 41 votes
6y

@Stephen Keighery

Crazy I have a closing Friday as well! Already heard the rumblings of a lockdown. I鈥檓 going to go regardless wrapped in clear wrap and Tupperware haha

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist 路 Plano, TX 路 Member since 2020 路 2k+ posts 路 861 votes
    6y

    @Stephen Keighery It's hard to tell considering this situation is new to everyone. I am interested in learning how a situation like this would be handled, so please keep us posted. I hope you are able to close. Stay safe. 

  • Daniel PurcellPro Member
    Rental Property Investor 路 New Orleans, LA 路 Member since 2018 路 66 posts 路 41 votes
    6y

    @Stephen Keighery

    Crazy I have a closing Friday as well! Already heard the rumblings of a lockdown. I鈥檓 going to go regardless wrapped in clear wrap and Tupperware haha

  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 路 15k+ posts 路 11k+ votes
    6y

    @Stephen Keighery  The lawyers can do most of it online.  They can do a zoom meeting with you to go over the documents (they will have electronic copies and can screenshare) and use something like docusign for your signature.  You can also ask them to go in early and sign the paperwork.

  • Stephen KeigheryBusiness Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor 路 New Orleans, LA 路 Member since 2018 路 716 posts 路 555 votes
    6y

    Were you able to close @Daniel Purcell? I got mine through 馃憤. My title company told me Orleans parish may have difficulty pulling titles if they aren't online during this **** down period.

    Home Buyer Louisiana4.855 Reviews
  • Daniel PurcellPro Member
    Rental Property Investor 路 New Orleans, LA 路 Member since 2018 路 66 posts 路 41 votes
    6y

    Yes sir! Closed with no issues!

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Naperville, IL 路 Member since 2014 路 196 posts 路 130 votes
    6y

    Just talked to local title company in Illinois.  Apparently Title companies are "essential" and will stay open even with shelter in place.  Will just practice distancing and safe habits.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.