Minneapolis Real Estate Tax Accountants?

Minneapolis Real Estate Tax Accountants?

Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes

I'm purchasing a duplex as a house hack in Minneapolis, MN, and looking for recommendations on tax accountants with real estate experience in the area. Let me know if you have any CPA's you would highly recommend. Thanks!

0Reply
32 views

Most Popular Reply

Tim SwierczekPro Member
Lender · White Bear Township, MN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y

@Andrew Clark I’ll be the first  of many to recommend @John Woodrich He’s a successful investor and a CPA with a masters in Tax who specializes in working with those investors.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tim SwierczekPro Member
    Lender · White Bear Township, MN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Andrew Clark I’ll be the first  of many to recommend @John Woodrich He’s a successful investor and a CPA with a masters in Tax who specializes in working with those investors.

  • Rental Property Investor · Bloomington, MN · Member since 2019 · 404 posts · 542 votes
    6y

    @Andrew Clark First year using John, as mentioned in Tim’s post. I’m impressive so far.

  • Property Manager · Blaine · Member since 2015 · 209 posts · 276 votes
    6y

    @John Woodrich is the best! I recommend him to everyone 

  • Basit SiddiqiBusiness Member
    Accountant · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 8k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    @Andrew Clark

    There are a couple things to be mindful of when you house-hack. You are purchasing a property that is both a personal residence and an investment property. As such, there are payments that you will make that are both personal and non-deductible BUT there will be payments that you will make that are deductible.

    Are you open to working with an accountant remotely?

    I would prioritize finding an accountant who specializes in real estate taxation over one that is local.
    There are 20+ accountants on this message board who specialize in real estate taxation. Feel free to reach out to a couple and use the one you connect with the most.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Thanks for the recommendations.  

    @Andrew Clark I responded to your email this evening.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.