Is Lehigh Acres, FL good place to invest?

Is Lehigh Acres, FL good place to invest?

Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 3 votes

I am a new investor and looking for a place to invest. I saw one construction in Lehigh Acres, FL is selling for duplex $270k 2bed 2bath. Is a good choice? Thank you.

1Reply
97 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2020 · 38 posts · 30 votes
6y

@San Thike I currently manage a lot of rentals in Lehigh acres. If you’re going to be buying in that area I would definitely look at what area specifically the property you’re going to be purchasing is in & speak to a property manager who has experience with rentals in that specific area. There are areas in Lehigh that are less desirable and harder to rent. Those areas usually have higher turn overs. 

See this reply in the discussion

24 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Stetson MillerBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2019 · 576 posts · 423 votes
    6y

    Hi @San Thike,

    Lehigh Acres is a great city to invest in for the high rental demand and high returns. Is the property you're describing new construction? If so, most of these properties are renting in the $1,200-$1,300 range depending on location and finishings. So, while Lehigh as a whole has great potential for investors, this specific property may not be the right fit if you're going strictly by the numbers. 

  • Adam BartomeoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Lehigh is ok for investing but I believe that there are much better places to invest with similar cash flow but better appreciation. I don't fully agree with the rental amounts stated about. I own a brokerage and a PM company. A new build 2/2 in Lehigh would probably get less than $1,200. I would stick with other areas of Lee County like Ft Myers or Cape Coral. I am an investor and work with lots of like minded investors. Let me know if you need help or have questions.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2020 · 38 posts · 30 votes
    6y

    @San Thike I currently manage a lot of rentals in Lehigh acres. If you’re going to be buying in that area I would definitely look at what area specifically the property you’re going to be purchasing is in & speak to a property manager who has experience with rentals in that specific area. There are areas in Lehigh that are less desirable and harder to rent. Those areas usually have higher turn overs. 

  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Hi @Joanna Rinella, Thank you for your reply. Here is the place. https://www.google.com/maps/pl...

  • Rental Property Investor · Clarksville, TN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @San Thike

    I was going to chime in with our experience there, but @Joanna Rinella is our boots on the ground so I'll let her tell you! 

  • Real Estate Broker · FL · Member since 2018 · 149 posts · 96 votes
    6y

    @San Thike

    I definitely agree with, @Joanna Rinella. Some investors absolutely love Lehigh because of the bigger returns available. You defiantly need to have the right agent/PM there to help you. If possible, I would also recommend driving around, eating at a restaurant, and going for a walk to get a feel for the place. Real estate is all about understanding tradeoffs. When you get to know a place, you have a better idea of what tradeoffs you are willing to take.

    Are you more concerned about Lehigh as a market or this property in particular? 

  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Alvin Taveras Both. I am out of State investor and during this time I can't visit to local area. This is new construction so want to know Lehigh is a good place as well as the property location. Thanks.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2020 · 38 posts · 30 votes
    6y

    @San Thike Sorry for the delay. I looked up the address and I currently manage properties on the same street (660/662) I think a new construction 2 bed and a den (correct me if I'm wrong that's the floor plan that was attached to the MLS listing) will rent easily for $1150-1195 a month. I would probably start advertising at $1250-1295. That is not a bad area and should easily rent. Let me know if you need any help with the management!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2020 · 38 posts · 30 votes
    6y

    @Todd Rasmussen hi Todd! Thanks for the mention!

  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Joanna Rinella Thanks so much. I will send you DM. 

    Thank you everyone for your responses. Very helpful.

  • Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 69 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    I just bought the not complete duplex at 4632 Leonard Blvd. It will rent for a minimum 1275 but hoping for 1325 per door. It's in an OZ zone too which I needed. I use the chang group for management on the other one i have in the area. Very good but expense. 

    Good luck 

  • Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @ San Thike , Did you end up buying in Lehigh ? How has your experience been so far ?

  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Hi everyone.

    I've been offered a seemingly attractive deal in Lehigh Acres but I'm not familiar with area so I'd like some input about the specific location from someone more knowledgable.

    The specific address is 321 Harold Ave S, Lehigh Acres.  Any feedback about that location? It's for a buy and hold property.

    Thank you!

  • Stetson MillerBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2019 · 576 posts · 423 votes
    4y

    @Ivan Leis vazquez This is a great location for buy and hold depending on the property type. Is this still a vacant lot, single family, duplex?

  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Hi Stetson! Thank you for the reply. Encouraging. It's a duplex, new built.

  • Stetson MillerBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2019 · 576 posts · 423 votes
    4y

    @Ivan A. You should be all set then assuming the price is right, great find!

  • Member since 2022 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Adam Bartomeo:

    Lehigh is ok for investing but I believe that there are much better places to invest with similar cash flow but better appreciation. I don't fully agree with the rental amounts stated about. I own a brokerage and a PM company. A new build 2/2 in Lehigh would probably get less than $1,200. I would stick with other areas of Lee County like Ft Myers or Cape Coral. I am an investor and work with lots of like minded investors. Let me know if you need help or have questions.

     Hi @Adam Bartomeo wanted to see if you have any different thoughts on Lehigh Acres at this point - looking into the area and definitely seeing growth all over Ft Myers and Lehigh. 

  • Member since 2022 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joanna Rinella:

    @San Thike I currently manage a lot of rentals in Lehigh acres. If you’re going to be buying in that area I would definitely look at what area specifically the property you’re going to be purchasing is in & speak to a property manager who has experience with rentals in that specific area. There are areas in Lehigh that are less desirable and harder to rent. Those areas usually have higher turn overs. 


     Hi @Joanna Rinella, curios about your take on Centennial section of Lehigh - liking it proximity to I-75 and no flood zone. 

  • Adam BartomeoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Olia Kalinina:
    Quote from @Adam Bartomeo:

    Lehigh is ok for investing but I believe that there are much better places to invest with similar cash flow but better appreciation. I don't fully agree with the rental amounts stated about. I own a brokerage and a PM company. A new build 2/2 in Lehigh would probably get less than $1,200. I would stick with other areas of Lee County like Ft Myers or Cape Coral. I am an investor and work with lots of like minded investors. Let me know if you need help or have questions.

     Hi @Adam Bartomeo wanted to see if you have any different thoughts on Lehigh Acres at this point - looking into the area and definitely seeing growth all over Ft Myers and Lehigh. 


     Nope... I stand by what I have always said, once real estate slows down Lehigh will be the first impacted. There aren't any jobs, beaches, attractions, or real infrastructure. People move there because they can't afford the other areas of Lee County. Right now that area is SUPER inflated. I used to do flips out there but now I avoid it all together.

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Adam Bartomeo:
    Quote from @Olia Kalinina:
    Quote from @Adam Bartomeo:

    Lehigh is ok for investing but I believe that there are much better places to invest with similar cash flow but better appreciation. I don't fully agree with the rental amounts stated about. I own a brokerage and a PM company. A new build 2/2 in Lehigh would probably get less than $1,200. I would stick with other areas of Lee County like Ft Myers or Cape Coral. I am an investor and work with lots of like minded investors. Let me know if you need help or have questions.

     Hi @Adam Bartomeo wanted to see if you have any different thoughts on Lehigh Acres at this point - looking into the area and definitely seeing growth all over Ft Myers and Lehigh. 


     Nope... I stand by what I have always said, once real estate slows down Lehigh will be the first impacted. There aren't any jobs, beaches, attractions, or real infrastructure. People move there because they can't afford the other areas of Lee County. Right now that area is SUPER inflated. I used to do flips out there but now I avoid it all together.

    Thank you so much for the feedback! Very helpful. What are your thoughts on San Carlos Park? 
  • Adam BartomeoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @Olia Kalinina That area used to be frowned upon but there was a heavy rental market due to the college being so close. It is much better now but still has a heavy draw from FGCU. The airport and Gulf Coast Town Center are right there also. 

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Adam Bartomeo:

    @Olia Kalinina That area used to be frowned upon but there was a heavy rental market due to the college being so close. It is much better now but still has a heavy draw from FGCU. The airport and Gulf Coast Town Center are right there also. 

    That sounds like a good location for rental property then! However the acquisition cost became much higher where numbers do not always work. 

    How is Cape Coral? Flood zones always scare me. 
  • Adam BartomeoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Personally, I rarely invest outside of Cape Coral. The investors that I work with and I feel that there will be a lot more positive growth for decades to come.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.