House Investment Opportunity in Austin

House Investment Opportunity in Austin

Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 2 votes

I am interested in investing in real estate housing (investment property) in Austin Area. Looking at the all-time low mortgage interest rate, I would like to take the advantage however not sure if I should wait for election 2020 or not? Will it have much impact on Austin Housing Real Estate? Any thoughts, recommendations?

0Reply
11 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    @Ronak Shah very hard to tell and impossible to predict future events. Austin is a unique and very strong market with 100+ people moving to town every day and what seems like a large company relocating every few weeks. I think Austin would fare better than other markets if something did happen.

  • Real Estate Coach · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 29 votes
    6y

    Ronak, great question and Jordan's response is accurate. I would ask what specifically do want the asset to do for you? Austin itself, is a hot market despite some national decline in areas, however there are solid investments here like there are anywhere. It all depends on what you want an asset to do for you, how you are going to finance it, and who is helping you source it. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Ronak Shah Preparation is key. There are deals that come on the market all the time and they go just as quick. The Austin market has survived countless election cycles as well as economic cycles.  If you are wanting to buy and hold then this is a great market for you. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.