Sell to take advantage of crazy market? Strategy for beyond?
Member since 2017 · 28 posts · 8 votes
Hi BP experts! I am just getting back into the world of real estate investing after a 15-year (and 4 kid...) hiatus. Never intended to let this much time pass, but alas, it has and now 15 years later my 'runway' in terms of creating large cash-flow is much shorter than it used to be. I am trying to determine my path forward given 1) my much shortened timeframe to retirement needs, and 2) the state of the current market where prices are mostly insanely high. My priorities are CASH FLOW, and as QUICK (relatively speaking) as possible.
I own 2 4-plexes in the Tacoma, WA market. Both are in need of updating and new roofs. I have about $450k equity in each building. They cash flow, but I don't know if I should: 1) re-fi to get some cash out, make the updates and hold 2) sell to take advantage of current market condition....but if I did, my questions/hesitations are Will I find a larger deal in this climate that will cash-flow more than the 2 older 4-plexes which I have owned for about 15 years now??? Will I regret selling? Is my best path to passive cash flow, as quickly as possible, taking all the equity and trying to buy a larger multi-family? Or something different? Should I sell and then wait to buy until the market inevitably corrects?
Thank you for any insights or guidance, and my apologies for so many questions....just can't wrap my head around the best path and have been out-of-the-game for a long time and am therefore nervous/have lost confidence.
Thanks again, Laura
I own 2 4-plexes in the Tacoma, WA market. Both are in need of updating and new roofs. I have about $450k equity in each building. They cash flow, but I don't know if I should: 1) re-fi to get some cash out, make the updates and hold 2) sell to take advantage of current market condition....but if I did, my questions/hesitations are Will I find a larger deal in this climate that will cash-flow more than the 2 older 4-plexes which I have owned for about 15 years now??? Will I regret selling? Is my best path to passive cash flow, as quickly as possible, taking all the equity and trying to buy a larger multi-family? Or something different? Should I sell and then wait to buy until the market inevitably corrects?
Thank you for any insights or guidance, and my apologies for so many questions....just can't wrap my head around the best path and have been out-of-the-game for a long time and am therefore nervous/have lost confidence.
Thanks again, Laura