Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
Seller keeps coming back and harassing the workers. So we bought a house and now the seller keep coming back every day According to the workers. He saying that they hauled off new furniture which of course they didn’t. The seller had left a few things they were old and nasty and so as part of the clean out the workers did have to remove them. He told my workers today that he was going to come back and take down the chandelier. Also someone forced entry in the back door and broke the trim getting in the house last night. I do realize some people have a hard time coming to grips that they no longer own their former house so I have tried not to escalate things. At some point I feel like I’m going to have to solicit the aid of the police if this continues. Has anyone dealt with something like this and found away to neutralize this sort of activity peacefully?
Call the police and have him charged. Get a restraining order.
That’s precisely what I am trying to avoid. (I know I’m weird like that and I can’t explain why.)
OK, send two guys to break his legs. It would be kinder than what you're doing. Because your way ends up with him stomping around the property raving in the middle of the night, the cops get called, he starts screaming and threatening them, and finally the night's entertainment ends up with your seller getting Mozambiqued.
We keep having this conversation on Bigger Pockets these days. Joe, you're just not doing anyone any favors avoiding this confrontation, least of all a seller who is clearly a bit off upstairs. Make an appointment, sit down with him, make it clear that he is no longer welcome on the property. You said you're not good at installing cameras. It's really not rocket science to screw in a battery-powered trail camera in a steel case next to the front door and another one next to the back door. Take a look at what you can buy at Amazon.
Talk to your realtor to pass on the message to the seller about this unacceptable behavior. Also, mention that the next time he trespasses on your property, you will file a complaint with the cops.
Thanks for the input but, There was no realtor involved in this transaction.
Real Estate Agent · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2017 · 230 posts · 169 votes
4y
If the house has an alarm set it to just go off the moment someone opens anything. Also cameras are great. You could even just install a game camera by the door outside so you catch him actually breaking in.
Seller keeps coming back and harassing the workers. So we bought a house and now the seller keep coming back every day According to the workers. He saying that they hauled off new furniture which of course they didn’t. The seller had left a few things they were old and nasty and so as part of the clean out the workers did have to remove them. He told my workers today that he was going to come back and take down the chandelier. Also someone forced entry in the back door and broke the trim getting in the house last night. I do realize some people have a hard time coming to grips that they no longer own their former house so I have tried not to escalate things. At some point I feel like I’m going to have to solicit the aid of the police if this continues. Has anyone dealt with something like this and found away to neutralize this sort of activity peacefully?
Yep- motion sensor cameras are pretty cheap and easy to install nowadays. Document and get as much evidence as you can, and get the sheriff involved- they will likely talk with him, as well.
Investor · Milwaukee - Mequon, WI · Member since 2010 · 5k+ posts · 7k+ votes
4y
@Joe S. I always ask myself, what is the most productive thing to do - often it is a mix of communication reinforced with some legal backup. So in this case, talk to him, give him a last free chance to take what he needs and say his good bye, but also give him a legal notice (or better yet, have you attorney send him one).
Talk to your realtor to pass on the message to the seller about this unacceptable behavior. Also, mention that the next time he trespasses on your property, you will file a complaint with the cops.
Thanks for the input but, There was no realtor involved in this transaction.
Talk to your realtor to pass on the message to the seller about this unacceptable behavior. Also, mention that the next time he trespasses on your property, you will file a complaint with the cops.
Thanks for the input but, There was no realtor involved in this transaction.
Seller keeps coming back and harassing the workers. So we bought a house and now the seller keep coming back every day According to the workers. He saying that they hauled off new furniture which of course they didn’t. The seller had left a few things they were old and nasty and so as part of the clean out the workers did have to remove them. He told my workers today that he was going to come back and take down the chandelier. Also someone forced entry in the back door and broke the trim getting in the house last night. I do realize some people have a hard time coming to grips that they no longer own their former house so I have tried not to escalate things. At some point I feel like I’m going to have to solicit the aid of the police if this continues. Has anyone dealt with something like this and found away to neutralize this sort of activity peacefully?
Man Joe, I thought I saw some crazy sh*t. You should write a book brother.
A beating is what this guy needs. Get western and take care of it on your property.
Thanks for the input but, There was no realtor involved in this transaction.
Does the seller feel like he lost his house? You mentioned you took over his loan...... I dont know how transactions like this work but he may be thinking you took advantage of him?
Thanks for the input but, There was no realtor involved in this transaction.
Does the seller feel like he lost his house? You mentioned you took over his loan...... I dont know how transactions like this work but he may be thinking you took advantage of him?
I did not take over his loan. I got a brand new loan and paid his existing loan off.
Talk to your realtor to pass on the message to the seller about this unacceptable behavior. Also, mention that the next time he trespasses on your property, you will file a complaint with the cops.
Thanks for the input but, There was no realtor involved in this transaction.
You *DID* have an attorney involved, correct?
What did your attorney say about all this?
The transaction was closed by a title company.
No attorney, no agent/broker ...
So, you're a JD? Licensed Agent/ broker?
Gee ... just think of the help you'd have available to you if you didn't DIY ...
Talk to your realtor to pass on the message to the seller about this unacceptable behavior. Also, mention that the next time he trespasses on your property, you will file a complaint with the cops.
Thanks for the input but, There was no realtor involved in this transaction.
You *DID* have an attorney involved, correct?
What did your attorney say about all this?
The transaction was closed by a title company.
No attorney, no agent/broker ...
So, you're a JD? Licensed Agent/ broker?
Gee ... just think of the help you'd have available to you if you didn't DIY ...
This property was off market so there was no realtors involved. I am open To buying properties by realtors if the numbers work. :-)
Talk to your realtor to pass on the message to the seller about this unacceptable behavior. Also, mention that the next time he trespasses on your property, you will file a complaint with the cops.
Thanks for the input but, There was no realtor involved in this transaction.
You *DID* have an attorney involved, correct?
What did your attorney say about all this?
The transaction was closed by a title company.
No attorney, no agent/broker ...
So, you're a JD? Licensed Agent/ broker?
Gee ... just think of the help you'd have available to you if you didn't DIY ...
This property was off market so there was no realtors involved. I am open To buying properties by realtors if the numbers work. :-)
For your own protection, you should at least have an attorney review all the closing documents including the title search. That would also provide you with a relationship which could be helpful to you in situations such as the case at hand.