How to locate vacant commercial buildings

How to locate vacant commercial buildings

Investor · Seattle · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 4 votes

Hi, I'm looking for vacant commercial buildings for rehab / conversion.  Does anyone know a data source for this, that could identify for example if a building has been vacant for 18m+?  Does CoStar have this?  

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Provo, UT · Member since 2020 · 374 posts · 270 votes
4y

Unlikely that commercial buildings are vacant in this market. Your best bet is connecting with brokers.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Provo, UT · Member since 2020 · 374 posts · 270 votes
    4y

    Unlikely that commercial buildings are vacant in this market. Your best bet is connecting with brokers.

  • Investor · Seattle · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    4y

    As far as I can tell, there are many retail and office buildings that are vacant.  Of course I could reach out to every broker I could find, and drive around every neighborhood I have time too.  But also, if there happened to be a data service that had these in a list, or even some of them, it could help speed up the process.  

  • Lender · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 250 posts · 133 votes
    4y

    I would look on LoopNet etc. and search by the keyword vacant  

  • Ronald RohdePro Member
    Attorney · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    Also search for "owner user" a lot of listings put that as their target buyer.

  • Investor · Seattle · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    4y

    Good ideas, I will try that for on-market.  I wonder if there is anyway to find them off-market?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.