Investment/Commercial Broker New to Boston

Investment/Commercial Broker New to Boston

Real Estate Broker · Chicago | Miami | Boston · Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 4 votes

Hello all! I'm new to the BiggerPockets Forums, but not the site. I'm in the process of getting licensed in Boston. I also hold a broker license in Chicago and Miami, licensed in total for 15 years. My main focus is investment properties. I have extensive experience in residential, some in commercial and some with wholesaling. To show for investment experience, I currently have three multi-units under contract in Chicago, all north of 1.3M. I also have three commercial medical units listed, each roughly 1M, and one for lease. My business partner has been a residential broker in Greater Boston for the last four years, 10 years in total. He also holds a license in Jacksonville with a focus on commercial. Each market is quite different for dealing with multi units and investors, so I want to get a better feel for that side of business in Boston and start making connections now. My partner is boots-on-the-ground and the acting broker while I complete my licensing process. Any comments or questions welcome!

1Reply
9 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ronald RohdePro Member
    Attorney · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    Welcome! are you trying to focus on residential or commercial? Most people won't like resimercial agents.

  • Real Estate Agent · Tewksbury, MA · Member since 2020 · 494 posts · 284 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Heather Tucker:

    Hello all! I'm new to the BiggerPockets Forums, but not the site. I'm in the process of getting licensed in Boston. I also hold a broker license in Chicago and Miami, licensed in total for 15 years. My main focus is investment properties. I have extensive experience in residential, some in commercial and some with wholesaling. To show for investment experience, I currently have three multi-units under contract in Chicago, all north of 1.3M. I also have three commercial medical units listed, each roughly 1M, and one for lease. My business partner has been a residential broker in Greater Boston for the last four years, 10 years in total. He also holds a license in Jacksonville with a focus on commercial. Each market is quite different for dealing with multi units and investors, so I want to get a better feel for that side of business in Boston and start making connections now. My partner is boots-on-the-ground and the acting broker while I complete my licensing process. Any comments or questions welcome!


    Hi Heather! Welcome to the forums! I would love to connect and hear more about your investing story. I am a local investor with a 3 family in Leominster, and investor focused agent, and host a local real estate podcast based in Middlesex & Worcester counties! Thank you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.