Mezzanine included in the price?

Mezzanine included in the price?

Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2020 · 91 posts · 13 votes

Hello BPers, I am new to CRE and interested in industrial warehouse. Should I account for the income from mezzanine in the warehouse area?

In seller’s calculation, the price included the income from mezzanine. But I heard that it shouldn’t be included. Can someone educate me?

Thanks

0Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ronald RohdePro Member
    Attorney · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    Typically not additional rent. If he has income, it may be a separate TI reimbursement type situation for the additional improvement after the original lease.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 174 posts · 104 votes
    3y

    No you shouldn't. I would make a rare exception for a really nice finished office space. If you end of paying for the mezz SF for some reason, make sure the deal works even with excluding that SF at the exit. A lot of buyer will not pay for that. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.