Self Storage- Who is Sam XXXX?

Self Storage- Who is Sam XXXX?

Henry ClarkPro Member
Developer · Member since 2020 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes

I love self storage. Love the hunt.  Although we are self service, we still touch the human race.

Driving home tonight.  Got a call from the Sheriffs office.  Wasn’t at my house.  They were dropping off a witness subpoena.   Small town USA, told them I would stop by the Sheriff's  office so they could serve me.  Some trial State versus Sam XXXX.  We have never had a tenant by that name.  Don’t recognize him. 

Fly out 15th.  Subpoena is for the 16th.  Small town USA.  My attorney is also the county attorney.  The district judge was the Boy Scout master who I was an assistant with.  Have to see if I can still go to Belize and get out of the trial.  Some punk I don’t know stealing my time.

99% of self storage is great.  

1Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
2y
Quote from @Henry Clark:

It's all part of the game. 

I had a tenant who was drugged up on prescription meds. She ate up a lot of my time and neighbors were concerned for their safety. She refused to leave, so I had to start the eviction process. Three days before the eviction hearing she filed a stalking claim against me. I had never been to her property, all communication between was initiated by her, and I knew it was just a legal method of delaying her eviction. I played the part, she lost, and it took an extra three weeks to get her out.

You can't take it personal or it will wear you down.

The DIY Landlord Book4.7247 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Henry Clark:

    It's all part of the game. 

    I had a tenant who was drugged up on prescription meds. She ate up a lot of my time and neighbors were concerned for their safety. She refused to leave, so I had to start the eviction process. Three days before the eviction hearing she filed a stalking claim against me. I had never been to her property, all communication between was initiated by her, and I knew it was just a legal method of delaying her eviction. I played the part, she lost, and it took an extra three weeks to get her out.

    You can't take it personal or it will wear you down.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7247 Reviews
  • Ronald RohdePro Member
    Attorney · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    2y

    Did you get it squashed? If you don't have relevant testimony, you can file a motion to squash the subpoena.

  • Henry ClarkPro Member
    OP
    Developer · Member since 2020 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y

    Stopped in this morning. The County attorney who is my attorney said I don’t need to be there. Small town USA.  Here I come Belize.  Although the temp is supposed to be 103 to 105 for the highs.  Normally don’t do a lot of shade or water activities but will find something else to do.  

    This trip setting up duck chicken coop and hog sheds.  Inflation is hitting everywhere.  This will help my guys with cheap food.  Although I will probably have to teach them how to butcher.  

    Seedlings are doing really well.  Wait till rainy season in June starts to plant.  

  • Ronald RohdePro Member
    Attorney · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    2y

    Do you ever worry about your safety? like kidnappings?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.