• Engineer
  • Monmouth Beach, NJ
Votes |
Considering Commercial Flips & Commercial Rehab Contractor

Patrick Martone
  • Engineer
  • Monmouth Beach, NJ
Posted Oct 8 2017, 17:31

Does anybody here do commercial flips or renovations? I believe it may be a good niche for myself. I would consider doing my own renovations, and potentially get licensed as a contractor and find my own clients.

I want to take distressed industrial/commercial spaces, and convert them into storefronts or creative spaces for small businesses, cowering spaces, artists, musicians.

I have worked in construction, civil engineering, and interior design so I can value-engineer the property to maximize the profits through flips. If I decided to hold onto it then I have considered opening my own retail business, renting the remaining space as storefronts, renting parking spaces etc. (I am envisioning converting an auto-garage with 4 bay doors into 4 stores with a new facade)

During the rehab I would be using the space for my own personal projects so the holding costs would not be a total waste. I pay rent for a personal workshop which I want to leave.

Please let me know your thoughts and any information to get me started. This is probably a high risk and specific niche for a beginner like myself.

Loading replies...