Put a house under contract and how/ can I assign the home?

Put a house under contract and how/ can I assign the home?

King Of Prussia, PA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 1 vote

Hi guys

I put a house under contract and now want to purchase another home that is coming on the market. I can buy both of the properties, but I prefer to only keep one of them right now. My loan has been approved, both properties are about the same value. Closing is in a month. Can I still assign this home to a another buyer? The home I put under a contract is an amazing home in great condition and the location is fabulous too. I just like a the other one a little more.

If I am not able to assign the contract, I will just purchase the property I currently have under contract.

Please suggest if and how I can assign this contract even though I intended to purchase it myself initially.

Thank you

0Reply
16 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ronald RohdePro Member
    Attorney · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    Depends on what the contract says, does it say its assignable at closing?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.