Investor · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2010 · 30 posts · 2 votes
Sorry for the long title, I like to be descriptive for future searches.
I'm looking to do a basic metal building strip mall type of thing... not too many units maybe as small as 2 maybe as many as 6.
What is the breakdown for construction of these things? I have some REALLY good help on some things. AC at COST, Painting at almost cost if not cost, electrical at a discount, plumbing at a discount. I'm trying to find hook ups for everything. Some will be better than others and some I'm sure I'll be at the mercy of the market. I'm just wondering how much the discounts will break down over the entire job.
I'm assuming like most construction material vs labor is probably 50/50. So I only have 50% to deduct from but that's still a start.
Does anyone have an example of cost or at least break down of percentage? What percentage was Electrical, plumbing, painting, foundation... you get it.
If you need more info I'll be very glad to fill in any blanks as I want as fine a breakdown as I can get but will take even guestimates. :)
Architect · Denver, CO · Member since 2010 · 6 posts · 4 votes
15y
Kevin,
Been off BP for a while and just saw your post. A good general reference is called Means Construction Cost Guides and is available at good sized libraries. They have a Square Foot cost guide for various building types. It's not infallible, but would probably get you close.
If you'd like a more detailed discussion, send me an email.