Wholesaler with Self-Storage seems to have a cell tower on it

Wholesaler with Self-Storage seems to have a cell tower on it

Tucson, AZ · Member since 2015 · 56 posts · 15 votes

I had a wholesaler I have not heard from before send me a deal, not much in the way of details, for a shutdown self-storage unit in a rural southern area.  Looks like it needs a lot of work to get it up and running so I'm thinking it's a pass for me.  But then, I was looking at the google maps photos and it appears there is a large cell tower within the property lines.  I was wondering how these lease agreements are usually structured as to how I can pencil it into the math I'm running on looking at the buildings.   

0Reply
12 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2020 · 540 posts · 285 votes
    6y

    @Michael Zagorsky

    If he’s actually been assigned the deal he would have some info on that or could get from Ownership. The cell tower company likely has a legal easement on the property which is something you’ll have to continue to allow. Undervalued self storage can be a great value add project, maybe go in the deal with an experienced self storage operator & improver.

  • Investor · Bentonville, AR · Member since 2014 · 759 posts · 379 votes
    6y

    @Michael Zagorsky or consider that the owner took a lump sum from the cell tower buyer and doesn’t own the land/tower anymore and it’s just a giant easement that you have to account for.

  • Tucson, AZ · Member since 2015 · 56 posts · 15 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Zach Quick:

    @Michael Zagorsky or consider that the owner took a lump sum from the cell tower buyer and doesn’t own the land/tower anymore and it’s just a giant easement that you have to account for.

    Yeap, I did some more digging and that's what it is.  Oh well, going to pass on this deal.   

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.