Does Anne Arundel County MD require LLC landlord to us Attorney

Does Anne Arundel County MD require LLC landlord to us Attorney

Member since 2020 · 61 posts · 17 votes

Bought a Foreclosure in my single member LLC and I need to file an unlawful detainer eviction.

I know some counties require an LLC owned property to hire an attorney to appear in court on behalf of the LLC and some only require that for corporations or for larger civil suits.. Anyone know if I can file and represent my single member LLC in an eviction proceeding in Anne Arundel County MD? or where I can find the rules for AA county ?

Thanks

Justin

0Reply
13 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y

    @Justin Summers

    Not sure but if you need an attorney I have one for you

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Tim JacobPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 520 posts · 379 votes
    3y

    I have never done one of these in AA county but I doubt it I have without issue in other municipalities.  Big thing is having a valid rental license if needed in your part of AA county and lead cert.  Check out Maryland Evictions Online.  If its a basic FTPR you shouldn't have much issue with filing and representation.  For THO its still possible.  Never filed for breach of lease as usually so maybe get 1 there.  There are a lot of attorneys that aren't specialists in this.  Get 1 that is.  Sometimes people that aren't attorneys are actually better as they have a lot more experience.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.