​Respond to HUD’s Counter Offers

​Respond to HUD’s Counter Offers

Broker/Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2016 · 51 posts · 14 votes

Yesterday, I got a counter offer from HUD for $103,275.00 I beat the counter by $1.99 making my offer $103.276.99. Today, I was expecting to see that I won the bid and get an acceptance. However, instead I get another counter offer for the same amount as the day before of $103,275.00 Why did this happen? Am i suppose to add the Listing Agents commissions to my final bid which would be $3,098.31 making my offer a grand total of $106,373.31.

* I don't ask for Buyers commission since I am the Broker and bidding for myself. 

Any suggestions?

0Reply
19 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Greg H.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Broker/Flipper · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y

    The "Counter Offer" is the net to HUD meaning the acceptable amount after commission and any closing costs requested

  • Real Estate Investor · Davenport, FL · Member since 2015 · 516 posts · 152 votes
    10y

    When you make your offer pay attention to the number totals on the right side.

    Don't go by your offer... go by the BOTTOM number, which is the "net to HUD:.

    THAT number has to be at least $ 103,275.

  • Broker/Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2016 · 51 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    Ah!  I got it now.  Thanks @Greg H. and @John Rogers   

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.