Has anyone had any luck on foreclosurelistings.com yet? Any good homes listed on there found to be legitimate or have you purchased any homes found on there? After reading this thread, my realtor said there still could be some on here even if off-market, but would just require some extra work to confirm?
Attorney · Little Rock, AR · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 14 votes
8y
I just got on it today actually and contacted an owner about his house. He had no intention of selling and did not indicate it was in foreclosure. Did you ever learn anything more about the site?
Specialist · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2012 · 462 posts · 294 votes
7y
@Steven Mitchell
Well I tried this service in February 2019, for a seven day trial period for $3.95... I cancelled within the trial period due to inconsistencies in information between the site and county records.
Almost no foreclosures matched. Not to mention, when calling some of the sellers regarding some of the properties, they were completely wrong on amounts.
Too many discrepancies... Long story short.
My credit card was charged $39.95... I called and again Cancelled my subscription. The CCBill representative from 888-596--9279, stated she would refund my amount and they would only do this as a one time courtesy.
SMDH!
So I explained to her I did go on the website and Cancelled as I was supposed to do. Yet, I was still charged.
Once I hung up, I went to the website again and for shiggles, tried to cancel twice more. The website never redirected the page to CCBill as indicated on their fine print. In other words, no way to cancel conveniently through website as indicated.
Interesting...
So I call CCBill back and relayed to them I tried on three occassions to cancel through the website and yet it never redirected the page to finalize CANCELLATION.
The rep stated, "The website has glitches on the cancellation page".
It sounds fishy, but I thought I'd share my experience and to be aware of any additional charges if you are unable to cancel off the site. I would suggest to call the number I provided which was on their site.
I tried them in May 2019. I did NOT sign up due to my suspicions (see "Big" Henry on that!). This site showed a property as being available under a sheriff's sale. The house in question was listed at $68,000. Because I was able to ascertain the address from the photos in the listing I looked it up at our county records site. It had sold for $271,000 in December of 2018! So either their data is seriously out-of-date or it is flawed. Someone *could* have bought this home at a sheriff's sale for that price and flipped it but that would have meant buying it a long time before December 2018. Given Big Henry's lousy buying\cancelling experience I would sign up for this site.
I signed up for a trial membership yesterday early and within a few hours I cancelled it. I got all excited about the great prices, which started to look more and more like a "it's too good to be true" thing. Sure enough it was! I started researching posted houses through other search engines and determined the info on foreclosurelistings.com in not accurate, and I'm not even sure it ever was. I tried to reach out but there's no way to communicate with them unless you go through a third party that only handles billing.
Real Estate Agent · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
4y
Thanks for sharing your experience with foreclosurelistings.com!! Much appreciate it. I've been looking for websites to look up foreclosure/pre-foreclosure/short sale homes. Is https://www.hudhomesusa.org good? Any other recommendations? (I'm a licensed real estate agent in NJ, and have access to Hudson County MLS)
Has anyone had any luck on foreclosurelistings.com yet? Any good homes listed on there found to be legitimate or have you purchased any homes found on there? After reading this thread, my realtor said there still could be some on here even if off-market, but would just require some extra work to confirm?