Getting into foreclosure after purchase

2 Replies

Hi guys. I'm looking for next steps. I've purchased a few homes but just got under contract for my first auction home and am starting to think about post-close what I need to do. I won't be given keys at close. I've heard people drilling the lock but also using a locksmith to get in. What do you do? Also, do you do inspections before turning the power, gas and water back on? Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by @Dave Clauson :

Hi guys. I'm looking for next steps. I've purchased a few homes but just got under contract for my first auction home and am starting to think about post-close what I need to do. I won't be given keys at close. I've heard people drilling the lock but also using a locksmith to get in. What do you do? Also, do you do inspections before turning the power, gas and water back on? Thanks for the help.

its all going to be case by case. If you have the right to possession by purchase, and it's vacant, drill the locks. If not, and your local/state rules require it, start evicting. If you have access to entry, I'd do an inspection personally before turning on utilities.