Foreclosure in Baltimore

Foreclosure in Baltimore

Investor · Hillsborough, NC · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 3 votes

Hello everyone, I kind of got myself into something and I don't know the process for it. I sold a property to a lady with owner financing. She made a down payment and paid late every month for the first year. After the first year she stopped paying the mortgage to me. Anyone know how I can start the foreclosure process?

0Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer · . · Member since 2014 · 520 posts · 162 votes
6y

@Latressa Byrd sorry to hear that.  You should consult with a local attorney where the property is located and laws vary.  Good luck and keep us posted.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2018 · 38 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    Deleted. Did not read description correctly

  • Developer · . · Member since 2014 · 520 posts · 162 votes
    6y

    @Latressa Byrd sorry to hear that.  You should consult with a local attorney where the property is located and laws vary.  Good luck and keep us posted.

  • Real Estate Solutions Provider · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2014 · 571 posts · 452 votes
    6y

    @Latressa Byrd Greetings,

    You are going to need to consult with an attorney.

    Was the mortgage recorded?

    Here is my attorney recommendation. Anthony Onwuanibe, website here

  • Lender · Ladera Ranch, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Latressa Byrd The best way to start a foreclosure is to contact an attorney or a trustee services company, whichever applies to the state in which your property is located, and request that they initiate foreclosure on your behalf. I recommend that you choose an attorney or trustee that specializes in foreclosing. They will be able to advise you on procedures and what they need from you in order to initiate the foreclosure. Also, the act of initiating the foreclosure may be enough to get the borrower to start paying you again.

    Be aware that the borrower has to be 120+ days late before you can start the foreclosure.

    For Maryland, I recommend Stern & Eisenberg. You can google them

  • Investor · Hillsborough, NC · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Eric H. Thanks, it was recorded. I'll reach out to the company you recommend.

  • Investor · Hillsborough, NC · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Andy Mirza awesome, I'll Google them now. She is way over the number of days. She hasn't paid anything this year.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    6y

    @Latressa Byrd yes you need to talk to an attorney.  Anthony O mentioned earlier is one option.  Cohen and Forman are great attorneys, I would ask for Scott Tinney there. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.