Turnkey duplexes in Cleveland, OH with Thomas Fischer

Turnkey duplexes in Cleveland, OH with Thomas Fischer

New to Real Estate · Portland, OR · Member since 2022 · 11 posts · 3 votes

Hi, 

Has any one invested in turnkey duplexes provided and managed by Thomas Fischer. He also has a property management company that manages the properties. 

Thanks in advance. 

1Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
4y
Quote from @Md Khan:

Hi, 

Has any one invested in turnkey duplexes provided and managed by Thomas Fischer. He also has a property management company that manages the properties. 

Thanks in advance. 


 I've sold Tom Fischer some properties in Cleveland. I've never had an issue working with him. He seems like a pretty good dude.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Md Khan:

    Hi, 

    Has any one invested in turnkey duplexes provided and managed by Thomas Fischer. He also has a property management company that manages the properties. 

    Thanks in advance. 


     I've sold Tom Fischer some properties in Cleveland. I've never had an issue working with him. He seems like a pretty good dude.

  • Member since 2022 · 20 posts · 10 votes
    3y

    I’m working with his team right now on something. Process has been relatively smooth so far. Happy to keep things documented here if it helps or answer any questions you might have

  • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Varun Hegde:

    I’m working with his team right now on something. Process has been relatively smooth so far. Happy to keep things documented here if it helps or answer any questions you might ha 

    Hi @Varun Hegde

    Would you mind posting an update on your experience with Tom Fischer and his turnkey properties?

    Thanks!

  • Member since 2022 · 20 posts · 10 votes
    2y

    Sure, happy to!

    Acquisition process was relatively smooth. I picked a property that the team was still in the middle of doing renovations on. It appraised as expected without any problems.

    My inspector noticed a couple minor things that needed work, and Tom’s team fixed those things up without a question. They provided pictures as proof because I didn’t have time to fly out again.

    I’m using Tom’s PM company too. We got the building mostly tenanted before the holiday season. Still have one unit vacant but I’m pretty insistent on high credit quality tenants and it’s not the best neighborhood for that in the middle of winter.

    Prop management team is pretty responsive. I can recommend them so far - coming up on a year of working with them and no red flags yet.

    Tom’s proforma was actually pretty solid but as always, do your own due diligence. Trust but verify.

    Any specific questions I can answer?

  • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    2y
    Thanks Varun.
    This is great. I appreciate the response.
    I do have a couple of follow up questions.
    One of the big concerns is the high property taxes. Did yours adjust or are you budgeting for an adjustment?
    Can you tell me the neighborhood?
    And lastly, is this a duplex, tri our quad?
    I may DM you directly if you don't mind.
  • Melanie P.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 922 votes
    2y

    I know nothing about the gentlemen you're asking about. But speaking generally be leery of tenants placed by flippers. Make sure they have good processes for property management and not just flipping/sales with PM as an afterthought. 

    If you're taking a loan to buy the property don't expect to make any money (and expect to send some) for the first 5 years or more.

  • Member since 2022 · 20 posts · 10 votes
    2y

    Taxes haven't adjusted yet. I'll know for sure by May, I believe. 

    There are two processes for this. Once every 3y and every 6y. See "Cuyahoga County to reappraise all residential and commercial properties" for more details.

    Happy to give you more details off thread since this is more shop talk than it is related to Tom.

    Also for any of you that are curious, probably worth noting that Tom has not asked me to give them a review and this isn't a sponsored post. Actually don't even know if he uses Bigger Pockets.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.