Marketing advice- Direct Mail in Virginia

Marketing advice- Direct Mail in Virginia

Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 6 votes

Hi!

Hope everyone is well and ready for the holiday's!

I am looking to send out a direct mail campaign to generate leads to purchase. I have built out a list of about 1,000 homes so far and growing (using Propstream).

I have heard numerous times that you should invest $5000 on a Direct mail campaign.

I am curious if anyone can advise on their experience? In your experience, how many mailers do you have to send for 1 phone call typically?

Additionally, is that investment spent all at once or does it include sending 2 or 3 follow up mailers?

Lastly, does anyone have a company they would reccomend to send Direct Mail?

Thank you in advance!

1Reply
36 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 33 votes
2y

I got an 18-unit with direct mail after just a few months.  I only sent about 30 mailers/month.  But my letter was very targeted and I included the offer in the letter, so my case may be unique.  I've also spent $2,000 on direct mail for wholesaling and got a hit for someone willing to sell 3 properties, but my wholesale fee only made me break even and one of the properties ended up being a nightmare existing tenant situation.  

Basically, it's going to be a case-by-case situation, but I do think you'll get your money back with a $5,000 direct mail campaign if you stay disciplined and follow through.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    Hey Takee!  I just shot you an email to an address I found for you on Google.  If you didn't receive it, feel free to shoot me a PM to connect.  I'm happy to help with this. 

  • Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 6 votes
    2y

    @Will Elmore

    Thank you for reaching out! Just sent you an email back.

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 33 votes
    2y

    I got an 18-unit with direct mail after just a few months.  I only sent about 30 mailers/month.  But my letter was very targeted and I included the offer in the letter, so my case may be unique.  I've also spent $2,000 on direct mail for wholesaling and got a hit for someone willing to sell 3 properties, but my wholesale fee only made me break even and one of the properties ended up being a nightmare existing tenant situation.  

    Basically, it's going to be a case-by-case situation, but I do think you'll get your money back with a $5,000 direct mail campaign if you stay disciplined and follow through.

  • Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 6 votes
    2y

    @Tony S.

    Hey Tony,

    Thank you for the info! I've recently spoken to a marketing company who also sends an offer in the letter as well. Hopefully, it brings some luck as I hear that is the best way to go in terms of mailers!

    QQ: Did you type out those offers or do you have an automated system to do so?

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2017 · 108 posts · 30 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Takee Brockman:

    @Tony S.

    QQ: Did you type out those offers or do you have an automated system to do so?


     would love to know how people are (accurately) comp'ing homes on the fly when sending out there marketing/mailers?  I have a list of about 2000 distressed properties.  By the time I comp'd them all out, I'd have to start over again as it would take too long, plus I'd never get anything done.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.