Making the the 2nd half of a duplex a MTR or a LTR

Making the the 2nd half of a duplex a MTR or a LTR

Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hello! I'm a new investor and just recently purchased my first deal, a duplex in a small town. The one side was move in ready and currently hosts a long term tenant that covers all the bills for the property. The 2nd unit needed some renovations which I have nearly finished and I hoped to rent out it out as a MTR to traveling healthcare workers. There are hospitals in my area but I'm having a hard time finding out if there is a need for traveling healthcare worker housing. I've reached out to 30+ traveling healthcare agencies in hopes to create a continuous housing contract, but I have only received 1 good lead. My question is, do you think it is still worth the effort to try and rent this out as a MTR? Should I advertise is as a furnished LTR? Are there other options I haven't thought of? Thank you in advance!

0Reply
29 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Belleair Bluffs, FL · Member since 2024 · 19 posts · 8 votes
    2y

    I would start by making sure there are no laws against MTR in your town. Then, once the other side of the unit is ready to go, I would use platforms like Airbnb to rent out monthly to traveling healthcare workers, etc. You need to make sure it's furnished and has all the amenities needed for extended- stays (fully stocked kitchen, washer/dryer, TV, etc.)

  • Member since 2019 · 59 posts · 30 votes
    2y

    @Jared Mink

    You might want to take a look at this website - https://www.furnishedfinder.com/. It specializes in short term rentals for nurses.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.