Realtor · NJ · Member since 2024 · 10 posts · 2 votes
Hi BP Community,
I'm a multifamily investor based in NJ, transitioning from smaller multifamily units to 6+ unit properties. My goal is to acquire and stabilize these larger properties using private lending to fund down payments and renovations while executing a BRRR strategy.
I’d love to connect with private lenders or experienced investors who’ve used private capital for similar deals. How do you typically find your lenders, and what’s worked best for structuring deals?
Open to advice, tips, or even collaborations! Looking forward to learning from this amazing community.
Lender · United States · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 499 votes
1y
There's many on BP and even sometimes in Facebook RE groups. Be careful, however. Put yourself in the shoes of an investor: is the property in a good market? Can you net a solid profit, without having too much risk? If the borrower creditable? If the answer is no to any of these, don't count on capital being thrown your way.
Lender · United States · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 499 votes
1y
There's many on BP and even sometimes in Facebook RE groups. Be careful, however. Put yourself in the shoes of an investor: is the property in a good market? Can you net a solid profit, without having too much risk? If the borrower creditable? If the answer is no to any of these, don't count on capital being thrown your way.
Lender · San Francisco · Member since 2019 · 113 posts · 49 votes
1y
@Frank Alfano agency debt is very competitive (75-80 ltv, non-recourse, fixed-rate etc); you can syndicate and raise the equity portion needed from friends and family, provided you can market and lead the project. Generally need to show 90% occupancy over past 90 days.
On the other hand, if you are looking to do a more heavy value-add with renovation you may look for bridge or private money options. Generally these will have a shorter maturity and higher costs.
I'd love to connect with you! I work as a commercial mortgage broker and can source the most appropriate debt depending on the deal.
I'm a multifamily investor based in NJ, transitioning from smaller multifamily units to 6+ unit properties. My goal is to acquire and stabilize these larger properties using private lending to fund down payments and renovations while executing a BRRR strategy.
I’d love to connect with private lenders or experienced investors who’ve used private capital for similar deals. How do you typically find your lenders, and what’s worked best for structuring deals?
Open to advice, tips, or even collaborations! Looking forward to learning from this amazing community.
Frank - I'm targeting multifamily near you in Pennsylvania. Similar target of 5-20 units. I've been thinking about ways to bring in some partners and investors in the deals and would be interested in talking shop! I'll reach out!