Where to source a new build Duplex on family land

Where to source a new build Duplex on family land

Brittney YangPro Member
Member since 2023 · 12 posts · 3 votes

I will be obtaining half acre of family land this year. I would like to build a duplex on it for long term rental income. I am wondering if prefab or stick built would be the way to go. I'd love to hear anyone's experience in the construction of a duplex on land. Nothing very large or over the top. I'm thinking 2 bed / 2 bath. First time investor, hoping to obtain my first duplex soon, and this family land purchase is on the horizon as well. Looking to construct a duplex at a reasonable cost but also quality for long term durability.


Thank you!

Brittney

0Reply
20 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    1y

    Hi @Brittney Yang, welcome to the BP Forum! While your exact cost will depend on your market, I have a GC client in Columbus OH that is building triplexes at just under $200/SF.

  • Benjamin AakerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Brandon, SD · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Make sure you check the local ordinances / zoning and talk to the local administrator to see if you can do what you are planning.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.