Looking for Underwriting Template or Pro Forma for Multifamily or SFR Deals

Looking for Underwriting Template or Pro Forma for Multifamily or SFR Deals

Investor · Member since 2024 · 8 posts · 16 votes

Hi BP Community,

I’m currently working on analyzing a few potential investment opportunities and I’m looking for a solid underwriting template or pro forma model—ideally something built in Excel—for either multifamily or single-family rentals (SFRs).

I'd love a model that includes standard inputs like rent, expenses, vacancy, debt service, and ideally also IRR, cash-on-cash, and cap rate outputs. Bonus points if it includes sensitivity analysis or value-add projections.

If anyone is willing to share a template they've found useful or point me toward a reliable resource (free or paid), I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

0Reply
70 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2020 · 102 posts · 94 votes
1y

A great one to get started with is the Syndicated Deal Analyzer by Michael Blank. 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2020 · 102 posts · 94 votes
    1y

    A great one to get started with is the Syndicated Deal Analyzer by Michael Blank. 

  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Matt Powers:

    Hi BP Community,

    I’m currently working on analyzing a few potential investment opportunities and I’m looking for a solid underwriting template or pro forma model—ideally something built in Excel—for either multifamily or single-family rentals (SFRs).

    I'd love a model that includes standard inputs like rent, expenses, vacancy, debt service, and ideally also IRR, cash-on-cash, and cap rate outputs. Bonus points if it includes sensitivity analysis or value-add projections.

    If anyone is willing to share a template they've found useful or point me toward a reliable resource (free or paid), I’d really appreciate it.

    Thanks in advance for your help!

    @Matt Powers Do you have a specific property you're wanting to analyze?

  • Benjamin AakerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Brandon, SD · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Hi Matt,
    I wrote up one myself using information from the Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Keller and Papasan. Great read. DM me and I'll send the spreadsheet over to you.
  • Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    Hey Matt,

    Great timing - I put together a toolkit to underwrite real estate deals.

    It includes 4 Excel-based cash flow analyzers for:

    ✔️ Traditional Rentals

    ✔️ BRRRR Strategy

    ✔️Co-Living Models

    ✔️ Multifamily Deals

    Each model has editable inputs for rent, expenses, vacancy, financing, rehab costs, and calculates IRR, cap rate, and cash-on-cash return. There’s also room for value-add projections and basic scenario testing.


    Additionally, it includes:
    ✔️ Contractor Interview Questionnaire (Fillable PDF)
    ✔️ Deal Analysis Checklist (Fillable PDF)
    ✔️ Residential Property Walkthrough Checklist (Fillable PDF)

    If you're looking for something plug-and-play that still lets you tweak the assumptions, you might find it useful.

    🔗 Here’s the full toolkit on Etsy: 👉 Real Estate Investor Starter Toolkit

    I’m happy to answer any questions or send you a preview if you’d like to take a look inside one of the models!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.