Looking to connect with Apartment Syndicators who work around Silicon Valley

Looking to connect with Apartment Syndicators who work around Silicon Valley

Real Estate Broker · los gatos, CA · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 4 votes

Hi Everyone, 

I am starting my apartment syndication business focusing in Silicon Valley area. 

I have been a Real Estate Broker here for 35 years, and although the business of listing and selling has been good to me, it's now time to start doing my own deals. Tired of making other people rich..lol

Any comments, help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I hired a syndication lawyer (Gene Trowbridge) to help me with all the paperwork, LLC, SEC Reg, etc. and I am ready to go.

Now in the process of setting up all the SM channels for advertising, making videos, etc. so we can get some traction and raise capital for my first project.

Excited, anxious and worried all at the same time.

Looking forward to your comments and help.

Thanks

1Reply
69 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Abel CurielBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6mo

    Hey @Rob Roham,

    Great to hear what you're building. Sounds like a great opportunity to put your decades of experience out there in a different avenue.

    I've only invested in 1 syndication so I don't have too much experience but the advice I'd share is:
    - Start with your sphere of influence. From my conversations with investors and researching different Multifamily Operators, a common saying was "Investors aren't investing in the deal, they're investing in the operator". This might not be anything new to you since you're a broker. I started my RE sales business by closing on deals with my personal circle/sphere. The reason being, they trusted me. I believe the same will translate in your syndication business. Of course, the deal itself will matter, but investors will need to feel confident in the operator to handle inevitable issues (i.e. maintenance issues, tenant issues, market shifts, etc.)
    - Develop and improve your deck/presentation. You might already have this but figured I'd mention it. From the syndication presentations, most of the really solid ones had a similar structure - Showcase the current deal type/size, introduce the operator(s), share track record (past deals, experience, etc.), summarize the subject property/deal, mention the goal and plan, give background info on the location (demographics, population, property's proximity to points of interest, etc.), local comparables, deep dive into the current and pro-forma #s, and finally some kind of call to action.

    All the best to you on your new venture!

    Abel

    REbuild Team - eXp Realty5234 Reviews
  • Real Estate Broker · los gatos, CA · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    6mo

    Thanks Able, thats great feeback.. i appreciate that. i am working on my past clients and sphere, at the same time trying to build a system that i can generate deals and investors on an ongoing basis so i can scale. its good to do that early on with that goal in mind. thanks again

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.