I GOT The Building Under Contract!!! YAAAAAYYY!!! Oh Crap!!!

I GOT The Building Under Contract!!! YAAAAAYYY!!! Oh Crap!!!

Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 85 posts · 43 votes

I did it!!!  I got the building under contract and its time to get the funding and start due diligence!  It's HAPPENING!!  I feel like two things at the same time... YAAAAAYYY 🎉😀💃🏾  and OH CRAP!!! 😱😱😱

Now I have Inspections, Contractors, Title Work, and ALL the rest of the stuff that goes along with getting to the closing in 28 days!!   Anybody know a good contractor in San Diego?  I also need to find a reasonably priced inspector.    

17Reply
195 views

Most Popular Reply

Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2015 · 191 posts · 75 votes
11y

Congratulations!  You made me lol with the oh crap sentiment.  I've felt the same way and sometimes still do with a difficult tenant.  You'll get a good referral for contractors here or in Craigslist or Angieslist.  Good luck.  Had to tell you that your post made my day!

See this reply in the discussion

88 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 85 posts · 43 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Bruce May:

    Very, very cool @Dawn O.. You go girl and let us know how it turns out.

     Thanks Bruce!  I sure will!  :)

  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 85 posts · 43 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Danielle Hayes-Ward:
    Major congratulations Dawn!!! That's awesome!!

    Thank you Danielle!  I'm very excited!  

  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 85 posts · 43 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @LaShelle S.:

    Congratulations and ditto...your statement "Yaay" and "Oh Crap" just made my day!

    Thanks Lashelle!  LOL!  I'm glad I shared my feelings.  It's good to know that it happens to every new investor.  

  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 85 posts · 43 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @John Hamilton:

    @dawn oree you are an inspiration to us all

     Awwww Thank you John!  That means a lot to me.  😊

  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 85 posts · 43 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Scott Weaner:

    @Dawn O. congratulations!

    I know when I have that "Oh Crap" feeling, I know that I have everyone here on BP, as well as the members of our local REIA. We can solve any problem together.

     Thank you Scott!  I appreciate your support and well wishes.  

  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 85 posts · 43 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Nick West:

    Im curious how much 7 units cost in San Diego. Im guessing at least 2 million for san diego. I have a due diligence check list I can give you. I hope that the best of luck

     Hi Nick!  This one is GREATLY undervalued.  I'm getting a good deal.  You are correct.  Most apartment buildings selling at market value are about $2.5M - more if it's closer to the ocean.  I'd love to have your dd checklist.  That would make it much easier. 

  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 85 posts · 43 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Terrence Moore:

    Congratulations! Bigger Pockets provide great referrals. However, you can look into your Real Estate Investment Association and see if they have an advisory board or a network to pull referrals from. 

     Thanks Terrance!  I appreciate that bit of info.  I didn't know that.  

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Hey, not sure how I was tagged but it didn't notify me. 

    If you need help finding contactors or inspectors just shoot me a PM or Email. 

    Happy to help. 

  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 85 posts · 43 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Tim G.:

    Hey, not sure how I was tagged but it didn't notify me. 

    If you need help finding contactors or inspectors just shoot me a PM or Email. 

    Happy to help. 

    Hi Tim!  Glad you check the thread.  I'm searching for an inspector now.  Contractors I have at this point. I will email you.  :)

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Call this guy, I wish I'd used him at my fourplex. 

    Morales Home Instpections

  • Investor · Stratford, CT · Member since 2015 · 110 posts · 16 votes
    11y

    Congratulations Dawn! Good luck!! You got this!!

  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 85 posts · 43 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Lesley Govan:

    Congratulations Dawn! Good luck!! You got this!!

     Thanks Lesley!

  • Involved In Real Estate · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 36 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    @Dawn O. How did your closing end on this deal?  I hope everything went well!  Truly an inspiring thread to read.  I'd love to hear how the story ends.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.