looking to buy my first multi family property

8 Replies

Hello everyone, 

I just moved to Houston Katy area from Maryland back in July. I will be closing on my primary home in first week of January.  I have a cash flow property in Maryland that was my home that I am now renting out. My next goal now is to buy a multi family small apartment building in class A or B neighborhood.  I am currently looking on Loopnet. I will like to hear from anyone that understand houston market and the best way for me to search for this kind on property or anyone to network with.  Information is power. Thank you all in advance. 

Hi @Bola A. you can find multi-family properties on a lot of the third party real estate sites now as well. Here's the list for Houston on realtor.com.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Houston_TX/type-multi-family-home

I don't think you'll necessarily find what you're looking for there but look at the listing brokers on those that are near to you. Call a few of them up and tell them what you're looking for. Good way to find a buyers agent.

Hi @Bola A. my suggestion is to use the same approach that Jeff shared in regards to calling the agents. I would contact the agents that list properties on LoopNet and let them know what you are looking for.

Originally posted by @Neda Navidnia :

@Bola A. we have been in the same process and taken some courses. If you agree we can meet and talk more about that.

Thanks for reaching out.  I am in katy area. Where are you in Texas? Will love to meet up.

Originally posted by @Bola A. :
Originally posted by @Neda Navidnia:

@Bola A. we have been in the same process and taken some courses. If you agree we can meet and talk more about that.

Thanks for reaching out.  I am in katy area. Where are you in Texas? Will love to meet up.

I just sent you a message