Looking for Local CPA and Real Estate Attorney

Looking for Local CPA and Real Estate Attorney

Certified Nutritionist and Personal Trainer · Lewisville, TX · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 0 votes

I have a property that I'd like to close on by next week.  But, I'd like to meet with a CPA and Attorney that is familiar with REIs.  This is my first deal, so I just want to make sure I'm crossing the "i's" and dotting the "t's"...

I'm looking around in the DFW area, but mostly Dallas and cities north. (i.e. Frisco, The Colony, Lewisville, Richardson, Garland, Carrollton, Plano, etc.)

I greatly appreciate it if anyone has any recommendations.

Cheers,

0Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Cincinnati OH · Member since 2012 · 115 posts · 24 votes
10y
Hi. We use Proline Tax Advisors. Eric Lee. Office on Custer just south of Eldorado. Very REI savvy. Good luck!
See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Cincinnati OH · Member since 2012 · 115 posts · 24 votes
    10y
    Hi. We use Proline Tax Advisors. Eric Lee. Office on Custer just south of Eldorado. Very REI savvy. Good luck!
  • Real Estate Investor/Broker · Irving, TX · Member since 2015 · 520 posts · 263 votes
    10y
    Plenty of threads on this if you do a quick Google search for "DFW attorney BiggerPockets". What exactly is crossing your t's and dotting your i's? Or what exactly are you looking for them to do? The only time I've ever had to get my attorney involved on the buy side is when acquiring Sub2 (or seller financing).
  • Certified Nutritionist and Personal Trainer · Lewisville, TX · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the Input.

    I'm using a private investor on this deal. 90% of the research I've done is towards a House-Hack, because that's what I had intended my first deal to be done as. But, I couldn't pass up the opportunity when I was approached about having a private investor. I just have a laundry list of questions in regards to this: should I form an LLC for tax purposes, someone to review all the paperwork with me, etc.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cincinnati OH · Member since 2012 · 115 posts · 24 votes
    10y
    We've set up our LLCs through Eric. He helped with weighing pros/cons. And for us it makes sense.
  • Certified Nutritionist and Personal Trainer · Lewisville, TX · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 0 votes
    10y
    Thanks Dale Tucker ! I'll give him a call Monday.
  • Real Estate Investor/Broker · Irving, TX · Member since 2015 · 520 posts · 263 votes
    10y
    Guess it depends why you're forming the LLC. Probably makes sense given you're partnering with private money. Best of luck in your first RE Investment acquisition!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.