Multi-family home located two houses from cemetery

Multi-family home located two houses from cemetery

Real Estate Investor · Mahwah, NJ · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 1 vote

Hi all,

Any problem you see in investing in multi-family located two doors away from cemetery? 

Is renting and selling is going to be  a problem? 

please advise.

0Reply
8 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Minnetonka, MN · Member since 2016 · 123 posts · 86 votes
    9y

    Wouldn't bother me in the least to live in the house right next to it.

    Why not stop over and ask a few of the residents already there or the PM to see if they get questions/issues about it?

    Are you looking at purchasing? Have the financials for it? The vacancy rates and rental rates should reflect any problems attracting/keeping people there.

  • Arvada, CO · Member since 2014 · 52 posts · 30 votes
    9y

    I can't see any reason to let this bother you.  If you try hard enough you can probably find someone out there who wouldn't want to live in the place because of that, but I doubt it would be any higher than the percentage of people who didn't want to live there because of any other silly reason.  

    I often hear friends and associates (many who live in old homes) talking about how they'd never live in a place where someone had died...  odds are they already do.  People get old, and they die, and many of them die at home.  I once heard a neighbor making that remark, and I knew for a fact that the prior homeowner had died at his kitchen table (he was in his 90's, it happens) -- I didn't bother popping that balloon for my new neighbor.  

  • Investor · Cary, NC · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    I once lived across the street from a cemetery.  These neighbors were quiet and they kept up with the mowing and landscaping.

  • Investor · Malakoff, TX · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y
    You can advertise it as being in a "quiet neighborhood". ; )
  • Real Estate Investor · Mahwah, NJ · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Thank you all for your thoughts.

  • Real Estate Professional · Totowa, NJ · Member since 2016 · 65 posts · 18 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Eric James:
    You can advertise it as being in a "quiet neighborhood". ; )

     I like this term, I live 1 street from cemetery & have no problem with it, quiet is good.

  • Investor · Jasper GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    They are building $700K townhouses next door to the old Roswell cemetery.  It's right out the front door of some of the units.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.