Trying to choose the right apartment investing mentor. HELLLPP!

Trying to choose the right apartment investing mentor. HELLLPP!

Investor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 13 votes

I am currently looking at 3 possible apprenticeship programs for apartment investing. 

After doing thorough research on all 3 individuals they all seem to have a lot of experience (all own over 1500 doors and have 10 or more years in the field) but I have a shortage of personal recommendation from anyone that has taken their programs or knows them personally.

The 3 groups are:

-Peter Harris, Commercial Property Advisors

-Anthony Charra, SuccessClasses.com & Inner Circle Mentor

-Chad Doty, Multifamily Partner & 37th Parallel Properties

Anthony Charra is the closest to me, about an hour away, but the others mentor over the phone and online.

I would really appreciate hearing from people who know any or all of these mentors and can make recommendations accordingly.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

0Reply
51 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Camarillo, CA · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    I would contact Jeff Kissee in Denver

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/users/jkissee

  • Real Estate Consultant · Camarillo, CA · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    http://olddawgsreinetwork.com/073-impact-investing-with-jeff-kissee/

  • Multifamily Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 67 posts · 92 votes
    9y

    @Stephen Kleyn I would like to throw Joe Fairless into there as someone you should look into! joefairless.com 

  • Investor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 13 votes
    9y

    Thanks @Jeff Greenberg for the contact. I will definitely look into Mr Kissee.

    @Chibuzor Nnaji, I am currently looking into Joe and have heard some good things about him.  Do you have personal experience with Joe? If so, I'd really appreciate hearing more detail. Thanks for the suggestion.

    If anyone else has a reference regarding any of the 3 that I have mentioned I would love to hear it.

    Thanks again guys for taking the time to help out

  • Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Hi Stephen,

    Who did you end up going with? How did it turn out?

    Thanks,

    Andrew

  • Investor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    I ended up looking for someone local. Through an REI Meetup I found a coach named Anthony Chara ($25k lifetime). He has 3 coaches under him that are cheaper ($15k). I got one of those coaches.

    I'm in the process of closing on my first property now (around 30 days out) and can tell you that I'm glad I made the decision to get a coach. I have dabbled in SFH's and consider myself a capable individual but this has been a pretty intense journey. I highly recommend getting a coach.

    Anthony Chara and his coaches are local but they do coach people all over the US. 

    I decided to get a local guy so I could meet face to face. Turns out it doesn't make much difference.

    Good luck on your investing journey!

  • Developer · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 904 votes
    8y
    Stephen Kleyn , I would ask myself what you are looking to get from a coach. There are plenty of free or inexpensive online resources these days. Are you looking for someone to walk you through the process and act as a sounding board or do you want to be part of a group that also sources deals and provides a network of investors? These are very different requirements and groups. Of course the best IMHO is real life experience by partnering with a sponsor or at least doing a few passive deals.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.