I was wondering if there are any CPAs or real estate attorneys in the Denver area that would be able to answer a few basic questions before my business partner and I move forward with our holding LLC and official partnership?
Mainly just want to know where to start so that we do things right from the get-go.
1. Do you recommend that we create a primary LLC for our syndication business in Colorado, Nevada, Delaware, or Wyoming? (Personally, I kind of like that Wyoming is "Switzerland of the Rocky Mountains) but is it smarter to go with Delaware just in case we have an opportunity to receive venture funding?
2. Would you recommend creating the LLC first and open a business bank account for it before spending/startup costs to keep expenses completely separate from the start?
3. At which point should we get a lawyer involved in our partnership agreement? Now?
Investor · Ft Collins, CO · Member since 2008 · 20 posts · 12 votes
8y
Michael,
Among your search, check out Stephanie Long, Long Law Group, LLC in Denver. Real estate AND tax attorney. Works with investors. Good reputation. Have used her services in the past.