Austin TX New member Analyzing a real property from my area

Austin TX New member Analyzing a real property from my area

Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
Hello everyone, I’m a novice and I’m looking for someone to help me analyze a property in order for me to understand the process. My focus is multi-family and would love to start with a 4-plex. After listening to tons of podcasts, I want to make the right moves while jumping in as soon as possible. Any ideas?
0Reply
11 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 60 posts · 137 votes
    7y

    @David H. Welcome to BP! Your question is very broad, maybe you could narrow your scope a bit? Are you looking for help analyzing and selecting a submarket or do you want want help analyzing the actual numbers of a prospective deal?

    If the latter, I would find a property that generally fits your investment parameters and run the numbers yourself as best you can, then provide those details for folks to review and provide feedback. 

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y
    @Sam Rust you’re correct, it’s the latter. I’ll see what I can come up as far as numbers. Thank you!
  • Rental Property Investor · Annapolis, MD · Member since 2011 · 232 posts · 170 votes
    7y

    Hi @David H. I'd suggest finding a mentor in Austin. Attend some local meet ups and see if there is anyone you gravitate towards. 1-4 units is a great place to start and even better if you can house hack (live in one of the units). DM me and I can share with you one of my analyzers for small multis. 

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y
    @Matt Nusbaum hey Matt, thank you so much for your input. Yes, I had joined a local REÍ, but they seems to be focused on wholesaling houses. I’ll try to look for a local meetup group that focuses on multihousing. I really do need a mentor.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.