Quick Model Template - Small Apartment Complexes

Quick Model Template - Small Apartment Complexes

Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes

I used Josh's new file vault this evening to upload a beginner model for evaluating small apartment complexes. I would appreciate feedback if people want to take a look:

Pro Forma Template - Small Apartments

Hopefully this will be helpful for people wanting to create their own, customized model. As time goes on perhaps we can modify this one so that it will have all of the bells and whistles needed based on forum discussions. We can revision letter control it so it covers all of the analysis people would like to see.

Feel free to run with it if you like...I hope it proves useful in your analysis of small apartment complexes.

1Reply
450 views

Most Popular Reply

Accountant · MN · Member since 2008 · 142 posts · 25 votes
15y

Uploaded version 2. It could still use a little work but for a free spreadsheet this will do almsot everything that you need. Thanks again for the upload Bryan. If anyone else wants to discuss what should be added to this file let me know.

See this reply in the discussion

109 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y

    I just tried and it worked for me:

    V7

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y

    Phil sent me a preview of V9 this evening and it is shaping up. Hopefully he'll have something worthy of publishing in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    Bryan Hancock, that is good news...I am telling you, I am going to put this thing to good use sooner or later.

  • Lender · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2012 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    14y

    Guys - Truly impressive work. Phil, I'm a real estate investor in Minneapolis area and I'd like to meet to see if we can use your accounting services. I'll send you a private email on that.

    I noted that you may be working on a version of spreadsheet that will include a waterfall of proceeds for different investors. Is this version available yet? It sounds like exactly what I need to calculate returns for my investment partners.

    Thank you in advance!

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y

    Not sure...I know Phil was trying to finish up tax season the last time I talked with him. There was another guy looking for the waterfall model from Canada that was going to pay Phil a small fee to develop a model for his project.

  • Lender · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2012 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    14y

    Thanks. I have a call scheduled with Phil for tomorrow now.

    Bryan - Separate question, any chance I can see the placement memo for your fund? I'm interested in how you've set things up as I'm trying to do something similar in Minnesota.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y

    Sorry Mark. We only share that with investors for our fund. I'm happy to point you to some folks that can help you set up your own though.

  • Justine M.Pro Member
    Tustin, CA · Member since 2013 · 12 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Bryan and Phil,

    I'd like to applaud you guys for the work you've put in on this model and thanks again for sharing it with everyone. It has been almost a year now since you guys last posted a version and I just wanted to check in to see if there are any more recent ones you may share. I work for an IBank focusing strictly on FIG and am looking to fully exit in real estate. I'm trying to build out a few SFR and multi-unit models so I can see how things flow and the returns that I can possibly expect. In any event, thanks again and hope to hear from one of you soon.

  • Accountant · MN · Member since 2008 · 142 posts · 25 votes
    13y

    Thanks for the feedback Justin. I was working on an update a while ago but never quite finished. Feel free to make your own changes and share with the group. PM me if you need any help. Good luck on your transition to RE.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.