Investing residential MF in Tucson AZ

Investing residential MF in Tucson AZ

Member since 2018 · 33 posts · 9 votes

Hello everyone,

I wish you all a happy new year!

I am living in San Diego and I would like to get started in RE investing. I would love to invest in MF residential properties. My "investing philosophy" is driven by cash flow and, so I am not really focused in future appreciation, that is the reason why I am looking for out-of -state investing. I would love to discuss with investors from San Diego who already had the experience of doing it. Currently, I am looking in AZ market, especially, in Tucson. What are your thoughts about it?

Thank you!

0Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 4 votes
7y

I'm also targeting the Phoenix and Tucson areas. Currently living in Flagstaff. Lets connect! 

See this reply in the discussion

17 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lakewood, CA · Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 19 votes
    7y
    @Karim El Amili Following... interested in the same Karim.
  • Multifamily Syndicator · Greater Los Angeles Area · Member since 2015 · 399 posts · 261 votes
    7y

    @Karim E. I live in the Los Angeles area and also focus on MF in Tucson and Phoenix, I would be happy to discuss with you, send me a PM!

  • Member since 2018 · 33 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    @Kyle Mitchell thanks for your message! Do you currently own MF property in Tucson and Phoenix? If so what made you invest in these cities?

  • Member since 2018 · 33 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    @Robert Hamilton hi! Looks like not much activity in those areas...

  • Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    I'm also targeting the Phoenix and Tucson areas. Currently living in Flagstaff. Lets connect! 

  • Investor · Winters, CA · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Karim E., I purchased 2 properties in Tucson in 2018 for a total of 52 units, the reasons are the following:

    1. relative affordability of the properties

    2. job growth in Tucson

    3. U of A plans to grow student population by 50% by 2022 

    I forget who put the specific statistics of this in a forum post but if you do a search I am sure it will come up. I am in the process of re-positioning the properties so I don't have much tangible experience as of yet but hopefully will soon.

  • Verde Valley Arizona USA · Member since 2018 · 115 posts · 98 votes
    7y

    @Ivan Dodic, I would love to know the numbers on your two MF properties.  I have been struggling to find anything that works in Arizona.

  • Real Estate Broker · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 46 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    @Karim E., @Robert Hamilton @Henry Kaldenbaugh, I'm a multi family broker here in Tucson, however I work across the country as well - I actually helped @Ivan Dodic acquire his properties (Hey Ivan!),  I'd be happy to chat with you guys about Tucson, or help to find properties big or small here in Tucson or other markets depending on your needs!

  • Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 16 votes
    7y

    Hi Elan. 

    Keep your eye out for mobile home parks in Tucson. 50 to 200 units for me

    Brian Mitchell

  • Rental Property Investor · Napa, CA · Member since 2019 · 32 posts · 14 votes
    7y

    @Karim E. I just dove into the Tucson market with a funky MFR that will take some creativity to make work. It probably isn't the best deal in the world, but I believe there's decent upside. It was just time to make something happen!  We relocated to the Bay Area in 2016 after 13 years in the Old Pueblo.  The cost of housing here led us back to the more affordable (and still fairly familiar) Tucson market to start our RE investing journey.  From what I understand, there are some good things happening at the southern end of town, but I'll defer to the local experts as far as that goes

    @Ivan Dodic congratulations on the MFR deals...something to aspire to!

    @Elan Spreiser I'll be in Tucson from 2/2 - 2/10, and would love to touch base with you while I'm there.

  • Real Estate Broker · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 46 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    Hey @Greg Foley - shoot me an email lets connect this week! elan @ mficommercial.com

    Best,


    Elan

  • Real Estate Broker · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 46 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    @Greg Foley, it wouldn't let me pot my email with out the spaces just a heads up!

  • Rental Property Investor · Napa, CA · Member since 2019 · 32 posts · 14 votes
    7y

    @Elan Spreiser I sent you an e-mail message.  Thanks for following up!

  • Real Estate Broker · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 46 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    @Brian Mitchell what is your email address - DM me or send me an email at (remove the spaces):

    elan @ mficommercial.com

    Lets connect!

  • Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 16 votes
    7y

    Brianmitchell720@msn.

  • Greater Philadelphia · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @elan Spreiser - wrote you an email

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.